Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luciano_Cirino
Contributor

Deploy HTTPS Inspection

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well.

I'm looking to deploy HTTPS Inspection for a specific web application, but I'm unsure where to start. Could someone please assist me? I'm in need of guidance on this matter.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

0 Kudos
Matlu
Advisor

Hey, Bro.

HTTPS Inspection, it's for LAN to WAN traffic, right?

Or does it work in reverse as well?

Although if it were in reverse, to protect my LAN traffic, I think it would be better to use a WAF.

Greetings.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey man,

So there is inbound and outbound https inspection. Most people would use outbound (LAN to WAN), but as you said, in reverse, you can also use WAF.

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good doc given to me by Sales...I believe it was created by one of their diamond engineers.

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@Luciano_Cirino  if you want to secure  your web application  ( traffic from external to your web application host) as I understand you need inbound HTTPS inspection. Configuring Inbound HTTPS Inspection 

With HTTPS inspection enabled for access to your webserver you can use IPS, Antivirus,Antibot, Threat Emulation .. to inspect the traffic for malicious code. With this you get a WAF solution based on Check Point software. 
If your web application is cloud based you should use CloudGuard for Application Security as WAF.

And there are other vendors with specialized solutions for WAF.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In our local user groups, we do HTTPS Inspection Best Practice sessions.
You can see the last one I did here: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Southeast-US/HTTPS-Inspection-Best-Practices-South-March-2023/m-...
(Note, you will need to join the group in order to see the video and slides)

Perhaps that will be helpful.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events