Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick_Doropoulos
Advisor

Clarification on cpinfo file

According to sk92739, "Check Point support engineers can open the CPInfo file in a demo mode".

Could someone please clarify for me what they mean by "demo mode"? I thought that a cpinfo file could be analysed only on InfoView/DiagnosticsView.

Thanks.

4 Replies
AlekseiShelepov
Advisor

Check Point support engineers can open the CPInfo file in a demo mode, while viewing actual customer Security Policies and Objects.

I think what it means, is that it is possible to open SmartDashboard for a cpinfo and view the database in read-only mode, if you have a it from a management server. Something similar to how you can open a database version from Database Revision Control. In DiagnosticsView it is called Policy View.

0 Kudos
Sergei_Shir
Employee
Employee

Our Support Engineers use the DiagnosticsView tool (that replaced the InfoView tool).

The CPinfo file from the MGMT server contains enough information to see the objects, rulebase and many additional settings.

0 Kudos
Nick_Doropoulos
Advisor

Yes, I'm aware of that but can you also open it in SmartDashboard Demo mode like Aleksei and the documentation suggest? If yes, would you mind providing us with a link to the relevant instructions?

0 Kudos
AlekseiShelepov
Advisor

How to view and analyze a CPInfo output file in DiagnosticsView - Policy View

It is a button on the top left part of DiagnosticsView.

Viewing and analyzing a CPInfo output file in InfoView - Policy Viewer

It is a button on the top middle part of InfoView.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events