Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quinn_Yost
Contributor

Certificate Expired: forums.checkpoint.com

Attempted to connect today and was prompted with browser certificate warning.   Message states that the certificate expired on 2/22/18.

https://community.checkpoint.com/people/dwelccfe6e688-522c-305c-adaa-194bd7a7becc

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

When what was previously Exchange Point was rebranded as CheckMates, the old site at forums.checkpoint.com was formally deprecated. 

For various reasons the site was not decommissioned immediately.

If you click through the certificate warning, you will find nothing loads at that site currently.

There are no plans to bring the old forums site back online, though forums.checkpoint.com should probably redirect to CheckMates.

Quinn_Yost
Contributor

I understand that the content of forums would be available beyond the warning (unless corp policy terminates sessions to expired certificates).   And I understand the reasons that the old site was not decommissioned.   However, I will continue to maintain that if it's up and available a security focused org should continue to present a valid certificate.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Completely agree that if the site is answering it should offer up a non-expired certificate Smiley Happy

Right now, even if you do click through the expiration warning, the page does not load.

I will let the relevant parties know.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events