Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Louis_Poulin
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Capsule VPN for Windows 10 end of life with Windows 10 mobile?

What is the future of Capsule VPN for Windows 10 considering the fact that Windows 10 Mobile (for phones) is end of life on December of this year?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_Mobile

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=Windows%2010%20Mobile%20released%20in%20O...

From what I understand, Capsule VPN for Windows 10 was created for Windows phones.

So if Windows phones stop to exist, Capsule VPN for Windows 10 should stop to exist, right?

There is no mention of Capsule VPN at all on :

Support Life Cycle Policy | Check Point Software 

Is Capsule VPN for Windows 10 dying in December 2019 too?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Louis_Poulin
Collaborator

We got another reply from Check Point today providing more details :

"Thank you for your patience. I have learned that our VPN client has reached end of engineering support (meaning no new updates/hotfixes will be created), however the technical support team will still provide best effort support for any issues that do not require new updates or hotfixes to resolved.  Note, this means that there may be some issues that they cannot solve."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Since Capsule VPN is also relevant for Windows 10 Desktop, I don’t think it goes away.

That said, it’s merely a guess and I haven’t checked with R&D on that.

0 Kudos
Louis_Poulin
Collaborator

It was hard, but I managed to get a reply from R&D.

R&D responded: "We will continue the support of Capsule VPN for Windows 10  for non-mobile devices (Windows 10 Laptop + Desktop)."

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Louis_Poulin
Collaborator

We got another reply from Check Point today providing more details :

"Thank you for your patience. I have learned that our VPN client has reached end of engineering support (meaning no new updates/hotfixes will be created), however the technical support team will still provide best effort support for any issues that do not require new updates or hotfixes to resolved.  Note, this means that there may be some issues that they cannot solve."

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events