Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiniNinja
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot ping remote VPN gateway external IP

Good afternoon.
I have a problem essentially described in the post https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/Cannot-ping-remote-VPN-gateway-external-IP/td-p/6... # and they refer to sk25675.
I have an SMB 1800 device managed locally.
After searching, I couldn't find what to do in my case?
Please help me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiniNinja
Contributor

Unfortunately, there is no such option on SMB with local management.
But I found a solution: when creating a site, there is an option to select the networks that are required for a VPN and there is a button to add an exception, after using it everything became as it should.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Maybe someone else will know, but Im not sure which file you would need to modify for this on locally managed smb. Maybe TAC can assist you if you call them.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Carol2698Hunter
Explorer

BallSportsGear@MiniNinja wrote:

Good afternoon.
I have a problem essentially described in the post https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/Cannot-ping-remote-VPN-gateway-external-IP/td-p/6... # and they refer to sk25675.
I have an SMB 1800 device managed locally.
After searching, I couldn't find what to do in my case?
Please help me.

The solution is to enable ICMP requests on both the local and the remote VPN gateways. You can do this by going to VPN > VPN Sites and selecting the relevant VPN site. Then, go to Advanced Settings > VPN Tunnel Sharing and set the Accept ICMP requests option to First. This will allow the VPN gateways to respond to ping requests from the other side of the tunnel.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

That seems like a right idea, lets see if @MiniNinja confirms it works.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
MiniNinja
Contributor

Unfortunately, there is no such option on SMB with local management.
But I found a solution: when creating a site, there is an option to select the networks that are required for a VPN and there is a button to add an exception, after using it everything became as it should.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats very good to know, thanks for sharing!

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events