Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mp2012
Contributor
Jump to solution

CP7000 LOM java

Hi,

I tried some hours getting connected to a console via LOM on CP7000 - no luck.

Its an "old" quantum lom (firmware 5.12), so no, no easy connection via html5. I have to get java up and running. Anyone could point me to a combination of java openjdk, ice tea websstart, browser versions... whatever which is known to work?

System is a Windows 2016 standard server. I checked sk147153 (tried OpenJDK 8 with IcedTea-Web on Firefox and Internet Explorer)

Thanks for any advice!

kind regards,

mp2012

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mp2012
Contributor

Hi,

thanks for reply - problem was solved by using oracle java instead of openjdk / icetea webstart. This one works with internet explorer + java extension and accepting a few security prompts.

kind regards,

mp2012

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Try ipmitool mc reset cold in expert mode first to restart the Java-based LOM. This should solve some issues. You should also be able to verify you other LOM settings via ipmitool before you try to connect via Web browser. The latest Oracle Java version should be just fine, just make sure you disable any security checks. Best practice is to replace these old LOM cards with newer HTML-5 based LOM cards.

Also see:

• sk88064 - Check Point Appliances LOM Card Firmware versions map
  • sk179516 - LOM Card Recovery Procedure
  • sk123565 - JViewer console on LOM card is unable to start
mp2012
Contributor

Hi,

thanks for reply - problem was solved by using oracle java instead of openjdk / icetea webstart. This one works with internet explorer + java extension and accepting a few security prompts.

kind regards,

mp2012

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events