Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terry
Contributor
Jump to solution

Adding Interface Module to Cluster_XL running VSX

Hello,

We have a planned outage tonight to add 10g modules for our ClusterXL firewalls running VSX. How do we make these systems recognize the new interfaces? Currently their state is "Off" when we run "show interfaces". 

Thank you for any assistance given!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
Terry,
You will need to do 2 things:
1) In clish issue these commands on both cluster members:
set vsx off
set interface eth1-1 state on
set vsx on
save config
2) Now go into the SmartConsole, open the VSX Cluster object, go to the topology page and click the Add button, type the interface name and if needed tick the trunk box and click ok.
That's it, no need for downtime so far, unless you want to move networks to this interface from other interfaces.
Regards, Maarten

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
Terry,
You will need to do 2 things:
1) In clish issue these commands on both cluster members:
set vsx off
set interface eth1-1 state on
set vsx on
save config
2) Now go into the SmartConsole, open the VSX Cluster object, go to the topology page and click the Add button, type the interface name and if needed tick the trunk box and click ok.
That's it, no need for downtime so far, unless you want to move networks to this interface from other interfaces.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Terry
Contributor

Thank you so much. This is very different from what I was finding in SK articles. 

0 Kudos
Terry
Contributor
You say to go to the topology page and click the "Add" button. Do you mean "New"?
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
I was typing from the top of my head, so yeah it probably is called new instead, sorry.
Regards, Maarten

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events