Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant

Can I do R80.10 downgrade to R77.30?

Jump to solution

I need to  Downgrade to previous version .

Like R80  downgrade to R77.30

Is it possible?

I checked the original file and KB. 

But not similar document.

Only  about R77.3  or  R77.2  Downgrade to  R77, but it is ''Clean install'' ,

Does anyone have relevant experience?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Admin
Admin

There is no downgrade path from R80+ to R77.30 other than a fresh install and import old configuration.

You did a migrate export before you performed the upgrade, right?

If you don't mind me asking, what's your reason for wanting to downgrade?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Admin
Admin

There is no downgrade path from R80+ to R77.30 other than a fresh install and import old configuration.

You did a migrate export before you performed the upgrade, right?

If you don't mind me asking, what's your reason for wanting to downgrade?

View solution in original post

Participant

Dear Dameon,

I have a client who downgraded R80.10 to R77.30, after which the device would not boot.

And I tried to solve  it .

But I can't simulate its environment. 

So, I wonder if R80.10 can be downgraded.

0 Kudos

I think, the main question should be then what this client did to do a downgrade. A revert from a snapshot should work to do a "downgrade" back to the state the device was.

Is it a management server or a gateway?

If it is a management, then the option would be to do a clean install of R77.30 and import old (R77.30) migrate export or a backup, and import of Gaia settings, of course. But if there are no any backups left from R77.30, I cannot really see it happenning.

If it is a gateway, then the easiest way is a clean install again and import of Gaia settings, which could be saved from R80.10.

0 Kudos
Employee+
Employee+

Hi Gary,

Will you be kind to share what is the HW details of the device you mentioned as "device would not boot."

Best regards

Eyal Rashelbach

R80 Desk Manager | Solution Center | Check Point Software Technologies

0 Kudos

Hi

I have a fresh new firewall (only with some basic config to access to it) that I found has R80.10 instead of the standard version used/support in our organization R77.30.

Is there a way to do the downgrade based it doesn't have any configuration or would a fresh install of R77.30 be the best alternative?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

You have to do a fresh install.

There is no downgrade option.

0 Kudos
Participant

Gary did you upgrade from R77.30 to R80.10 or was it a fresh install?

Is it a GW or Management?

In the case of an upgrade and GW, you have a Snapshot from your R77.30 installation which you can restore.

0 Kudos
Participant

Dear all,

Thank you everyone,the question is solve.

The users when after R77.30 to R80.10, reinstall R80.10 cause interface data is loss , but he have backup . and after  user will clean install to  R80.10 to R77.30. Is not user downgrade.

Thank!