cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ave_Joe
Contributor
Jump to solution

macOS Automatic Client Upgrade from the Security Gateway

I am trying to get macOS stand alone VPN clients upgraded from the Security Gateway via the documentation at this link but can not seem to get it to work.

Anyone have any guidance on how to trouble-shoot why the macOS clients do not get upgraded after connecting to the gateway?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ave_Joe
Contributor

This issue has been traced to SK133572. The release notes for the Automatic Client Upgrade from the Security Gateway fail to mention that SNX must be enabled on the gateway for the upgrade process to function properly.

Cheers mates!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
TJ_Aus
Contributor

Do your Endpoint users have admin rights?

Automatic Client Upgrade from the Security Gateway

You can configure your Security Gateway to automatically upgrade Remote Access VPN clients the next time that they connect. When this occurs, the Security Gateway downloads the applicable package to the client. Endpoint users must have administrator permissions to install an upgrade.

0 Kudos
Ave_Joe
Contributor

Good question.  This will need to be verified.

Does anyone know which directory the package is downloaded to? I’d like to check if it's actually being downloaded to the Mac from the gateway.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I dont sadly have mac to test this with, but as far as windows, I recall couple times in the past, all I had to do to make this work for customers was set global properties setting to always upgrade and that worked fine.

Andy

0 Kudos
Ave_Joe
Contributor

This issue has been traced to SK133572. The release notes for the Automatic Client Upgrade from the Security Gateway fail to mention that SNX must be enabled on the gateway for the upgrade process to function properly.

Cheers mates!

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks for that!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events