Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biskit
Advisor

VPN Client p12 Import

I'm using Capsule VPN on Android tablets.

I want to create and install .p12 cert files.

I get the cert file onto the device but when I tap on "Import from Storage" I just get an error saying "Couldn't find certificates to import on the SD card".

I've tried the file in the Downloads folder, and in the root of the SD card.  No joy.

Where do I need to put the .p12 file for Capsule to find and import it?

Screenshot 2022-04-21 184249.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey Matt,

Not sure if below link might be helpful.

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/97893/unable-to-install-certificate

Andy

0 Kudos
biskit
Advisor

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the suggestion.  That isn't it though.  If I open the cert on the tablet I'm prompted to enter the cert password, then it installs to the tablet fine.  But that sticks it on the tablet - not in the Capsule VPN client.  So I'm still trying to figure out exactly where I need to copy the cert to in order for Capsule to find and import it.  I don't get the option to browse for the file 😞

Cheers,

Matt

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Dang...that sucks, sorry mate : - (. I saw one older post where someone asked exact same question, but then CP employee answered saying it needs to be moved to another forum and that was it, no other suggestions. 

I see something on page 15 in below document, but not sure if thats enough...

https://dl3.checkpoint.com/paid/5e/5ee546112df339d6bef37872e26c2434/CP_CapsuleVPNClient_AdminGuide.p...

Did you try contact TAC about it?

Andy

0 Kudos
biskit
Advisor

No worries.  Yeah I've got an SR open and it seems to be baffling them.  I have the luxury of being able to remote control these tablets from a website so I've recorded a video for TAC showing me creating the .p12 in SmartConsole, copying it to the tablet, then trying to import and getting the error.  I copied it into various of the more obvious locations it might look on the tablet but no joy, so I'll wait and see what TAC come back with...  If only it gave a "browse" button so I could point it at the cert file it needs 🙄😂

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Would you mind send me that video via private message?

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events