https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk182109

EP_VENGLISH.png

EPV2.pngEPV3.pngEPV4.png

0 Kudos
34 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

In that case, I would contact TAC and advise of this.

Andy

0 Kudos
JonnyRabinowitz
Employee
Employee

One comment from the user guide related to this functionality

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Infinity_Portal/WebAdminGuides/EN/Harmony-Endpoint-Admin-Guide/...

Note - If the default language is not supported by the client, then system uses the English language for the client.

In this case, has Portuguese been added as a language on the client machine? 

0 Kudos
lluner
Contributor

Hi jonny 

I can change the language on the machine locally, but I have a 640 endpoint and how do I do this through management. The procedure they gave me didn't work

EP_VENGLISH.pngportugues.png

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Mate, why not open TAC case and ask if its possible?

Andy

0 Kudos
JonnyRabinowitz
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the clarification. I have done some research and think this is related to the two versions of Portuguese available on Windows:
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)

Which language do u have installed on the client? (I am guessing u have Brazil) In parallel I have reached  out R&D team to clarify. In addition, there is a capability to be added in next Client release - E88.40 - called "Aggregation of locales in the UI" where The UI will be displayed in a language, no matter the locale origin and see there is some discussion there about Brazil. As mentioned will try and get more details on the specifics

As always, opening a TAC case will also get you any necessary support

0 Kudos
lluner
Contributor

Tks Jonny 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey Jonny,

Just thinking here logically, woult it even matter language installed on the windows client? I ask, because I was more thinking along the lines if there was setting from the portal to "force" this to every vpn client, but I dont see one myself there.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
JonnyRabinowitz
Employee
Employee

There is an option to Force the language on the End Point client UI. lluner included a screen shot of this option within the "User Interface" settings. Capability is availability on client version E88.30 and onwards. Description of this option is below

Within the “User Interface” section of the “Client Settings” under policy, there are additional
options that allow explicit selection of a language for utilization in the client UI. These options are in
addition to the previously supported functionality which can still be enabled by selecting the
“Default” option. When ‘Default’ is selected the client attempts to utilize the language as
determined by the locale defined on the client. If language display for the locale is not supported on
the client, then English will be used as the client language

0 Kudos
lluner
Contributor

From what I understand it is already configured like this

default.png 

My windows in brazillian portuguese version 

2024-05-14_10-46.png

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I guess you see language option, since its new client, I dont see it on mine.

Andy

0 Kudos
JonnyRabinowitz
Employee
Employee

So my guess was correct that have  Brazilian Portuguese installed. I think for Portuguese (Portugal) it will work in E88.30

I will check the changes for E88.40 and hope to get back with an update tomorrow

the_rock
Legend
Legend

@lluner Forgive me if this sounds like an ingorant question, but I dont believe there is much difference in Portugese language in Portugal and Brazil? I remember when I was in Brazil, I heard from some people during 2014 Soccer world cup that there are few words that are different than in Portugal and dialect is bit different as well, but other than that its the same. Never asked that question in Portugal though, but thats all I gathered : - )

Andy

0 Kudos
lluner
Contributor

Hi Andy ,

Almost the same.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Btw, how many languages do you see? I see OS local, plus 12 languages after that. Only 1 option for Portugese though.

Andy

0 Kudos
lluner
Contributor

HI Andy

From what I understand, it will only work via the portal if the operating system version is Brazilian Portuguese and the endpoint has the Brazilian Portuguese language. In this case only in version E83.40 @JonnyRabinowitz ?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Try this.

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
JonnyRabinowitz
Employee
Employee

Look in Control Panel ->> languages. There are options there to Add a Language and lots of different language options

0 Kudos
lluner
Contributor

Hi jonny 

The language is already in Brazilian Portuguese, do you want me to change it to Portuguese to see if the update via the portal infinity works?

portugues2.png

I want to know when the Brazilian Portuguese language will be on endpoint support ?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Let him confirm internally, I believe he mentioned possibly E88.40

Andy

0 Kudos
(1)
JonnyRabinowitz
Employee
Employee

Haven't forgotten this but took a while to work through. 

Status is as follows:
- In E88.30  supports Portuguese- Portugal when Portuguese is selected
- In E88.40, on a new installation client language will be set to Portuguese if the OS is a Brazilian windows installation
I realize this still leaves gaps in the use cases (eg upgrade to E88.40) and I have flagged with the team to try and get prioritized in a future release

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Sounds good.

0 Kudos
lluner
Contributor

Hi jonny

The following is the open TAC for this issuelanguage1.png

0 Kudos
JonnyRabinowitz
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the update. I have followed up with TAC to share details of prior discussion

0 Kudos
TJ_Aus
Contributor

E88.40 was released the other day and now the SK article has been pulled and the Endpoint Security Homepage no longer lists it
Anyone know why?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's safe to say after we investigate the situation and address the issues, we will published a fixed version.
Stay tuned 🙂

0 Kudos
(1)
JonnyRabinowitz
Employee
Employee

Release E88.41 is now available

This release includes E88.40 content as well as an important operational fix.

See https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk182237

Customers running E88.40 are advised to upgrade to E88.41. 

(1)
JonnyRabinowitz
Employee
Employee

Release E88.41 is now available. Per the sk: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk182237 this release contains the following enhancement

EPS-56353 Enhancement: The system now employs a more accurate language detection mechanism to automatically select the appropriate localized user interface language based on the Operating System default settings, providing a seamless experience without manual selection.

Functionality at time of cleaan installation and can see that multiple locals can get mapped tot he same language

In case of Portuguese, 1046 and 2070 get mapped to Portuguese language

1046: Portuguese - Brazil
2070: Portuguese - Portugal

There are also a long list of locales that get mapped to Spanish and French. Mapping seems very similar to those in following list for example
https://www.science.co.il/language/Locale-codes.php

Note language selection occurs at initial install and not upgrade. On upgrade the language for client ahs already been selected and so is left unchanged by the process

0 Kudos
lluner
Contributor

hi

I installed version e88.41 and the language you can identify is Portuguese from Portugal does not have Brazilbrazil.pngportugues.png

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just for the context, not sure if this matters, but I dont see it on the vpn client options either...its E88.41

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events