Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeroen_Demets
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Server OS support

Hi,

I'm new to the EndPoint products and feel there is a strong focus on client OS's, but we also need support for server OS's.

I don't find any sk listing which server OS's are supported and which blades are supported on them.

Also there is the specific case of terminal servers (RDS or Citrix) where many users log on to one server. What is supported on those?

Who can give more information about this?

Thanks!

Jeroen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexandra_Gofma
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Jeroen, E80.65 is an old version. Please refer to the latest E80.72 Endpoint Client Release Notes which in "Supported Client Operating Systems" section, p.6 describe the blades supported by different OS including support for Windows Server 2016.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angulo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jeroen,

the E80.65 and R77.30.03 Release Notes has the information you are looking for in regards of OS version and Blades support.

In regards to VDI, since each environment is different, a POC must be done. Please contact your sales rep for further assistance.

Jeroen_Demets
Collaborator

Thanks for your reply but to be honest it's disappointing.

The release notes don't mention Server 2016 which has been around since eh... 2016.

What do you consider VDI? For us that means every user gets their own virtual PC which was not my question.

A Citrix XenApp server or Microsoft Terminal Server is something else. This gives every user a logon session on the same server. There are thousands of customers using this so this case should be already widely known.

So it seems I'll have te recommend not to install Check Point EndPoint on servers. I'd like to see some reactions of people who did install this on servers and what their experience is.

I already heard/read that not all blades are supported on servers. Is there a support matrix available for this?

Alexandra_Gofma
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Jeroen, E80.65 is an old version. Please refer to the latest E80.72 Endpoint Client Release Notes which in "Supported Client Operating Systems" section, p.6 describe the blades supported by different OS including support for Windows Server 2016.

Jeroen_Demets
Collaborator

Thanks!

Glad to see Server 2016 is supported and which blades we can use.

I was wondering if people use the sandblast agent on a fileserver with the setting to scan everything being accessed. I suppose it's better not to enable that as this would cause so much emulation that everything would be very slow.

There isn't a best practices guide out there?

Another question is the periodic scan. If you have more than a 100 servers running virtually on a SAN and they all start their weekly scheduled scan at the same time, then this SAN will go down. Other vendors have a setting to randomize the start of this scan in a certain window. I don't see this setting within Check Point config.

I'm also still wondering how the blades work on terminal servers. Anyone any experience with this?

Julian_Sanchez
Collaborator

Hey mate!

Do you have information about SandBland Endpoint with VDI or terminal Servers. 

I have Vmware Horizon and I virtualize Windows Servers 2016 for terminal servers. 

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

sk117536: What's NEW - Support for Persistent VMWare Horizon VDI environments. (Version E81.00 and above from memory).

Edit: (Confirmed EA for VDI support started in E81.00 per sk153053)

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events