Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeB
Advisor
Jump to solution

SandBlast Agent Installation with Endpoint Connect VPN

Hi CheckMates,

I have a customer that has SandBlast Agent - Full Package (AB + FRNC + TE + TEX) with a particular case depoying this agent in a few users.

This few users had the Check Point VPN client already installed (to connect to a third party Checkpoint Gw) and when we try to deploy and install the Endpoint Security package, the following error appears:

e1.png

we solved this error previously in another client by enabling the "Endpoint Connect VPN" blade in the deployment tab of SmartEndpoint (as mentioned in the error), but in this particular case the icon is gray (disabled) and can't enable it (maybe some license is missing??)

e2.png

Is there a way to solve this issue? I need to install SBA and also keep the VPN agent but don't understand why these Check Point products are incompatible with each other

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The VPN (only) clients are basically the full Endpoint client without all the other blades.
If you need SBA + the VPN client on the same machine, they need to be deployed as a single bundle from SmartEndpoint.
The VPN client can still be used to connect to third parties in this situation.

The only thing I can think of is your client doesn't have a license for Remote Access.
I believe current SBA bundles include it, but older ones may not have.

View solution in original post

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I checked this same screeenshot on 2 customers' environments and that option is definitely available, but they do have full license for sandblast, so I would logically say it may sound like the problem you have. I would personally check with License team, just to be positive. As far as how to get around it, I have no clue : (. Maybe someone with way better knowledge of this subject can chime in.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The VPN (only) clients are basically the full Endpoint client without all the other blades.
If you need SBA + the VPN client on the same machine, they need to be deployed as a single bundle from SmartEndpoint.
The VPN client can still be used to connect to third parties in this situation.

The only thing I can think of is your client doesn't have a license for Remote Access.
I believe current SBA bundles include it, but older ones may not have.

MikeB
Advisor
Thank you @PhoneBoy for your answer. I was thinking it was a license issue as well.

Considering that SBA is a subscription service, it should also be possible to update new bundles (with new blades included) also to customers with active services and not only the new ones.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Definitely seems like license issue...

0 Kudos
RS_Daniel
Advisor

Hello @PhoneBoy 

I am facing a similar situation with a customer with many hundreds of standalone vpn clients (endpoint security vpn) already installed, and with many differente versions, some of them very old. Now we are planning and testing the deployment of Harmony endpoint (E84.50) in these machines, but having problems with old vpn client. Do you know if it is supported to install Harmony Endpoint above standalone vpn clients? and the correct procedure we should follow in these cases? Thanks in advance.

Regards

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

First of all, if you’re dealing with old VPN clients, this may be required to upgrade/uninstall: https://www.checkpoint.com/fix
Not sure you can just install over older VPN client even with this fix.
It would probably be safer to uninstall the old client first (after applying the above fix).

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I checked this same screeenshot on 2 customers' environments and that option is definitely available, but they do have full license for sandblast, so I would logically say it may sound like the problem you have. I would personally check with License team, just to be positive. As far as how to get around it, I have no clue : (. Maybe someone with way better knowledge of this subject can chime in.

0 Kudos
MikeB
Advisor

yes!..the problem was definitely one of licensing. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events