cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulo_Balau
Contributor

Problems saving Excel files

Hi All,

I have E86.20 now. And after deployment several users started getting problems writing files to networks shares on our fileserver.

Files are getting replaced by .tmp files with no apparent reason. With old version this didn't occured.

And we are loosing files!!!

Anyone experienced this problem?

Best Regards,

Paulo Balau

0 Kudos
8 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You are referring to harmony endpoint (old sandblast) agent, correct? If so, maybe check with TAC, see what they suggest. I personally never heard/seen this sort of issue with any version.

0 Kudos
Swiftyyyy
Advisor

Hi, we've actually experienced the same issue after upgrading to E86.01, currently we're handling it by excluding the fileserver network shares from Threat Emulation policy on clients that access it.

I do suggest you bring this up with TAC though, but the exclusion could be a temporary bandaid.

jcortez
Employee
Employee

@Paulo_Balau 

This is a known issue that was just resolved. Our new client E86.25 that released last week has the fix for this.

Capture4.PNG

Justin Cortez
Technology Leader | Endpoint Cyber Security Products | Americas Endpoint Team
Check_Point_Sav
Explorer

Dear Justin,

We are experiencing the same issue with a customer of ours and upgraded to the 86.25.5060 CEP version because it contained the fix for this problem, but things got even worse. There were computers who recently didnt come in so they were running an older version (83 or 83 i think) and didnt have the problem. After coming in, the issue started appearing because their client upgraded to version 86.25.5060.

Currently they are switching over to another antivirus because they simply can't work, or have extra manual work to remove/update the duplicate temp files which is not ideal.

I will try excluding the entire network location from the Threat Emulation policy, but as already mentioned, this is simply a bandaid and not a fix for the original problem.

Is there any update in sight? There have been multiple threads about this issue but so far I have not found a solution/build that works just yet, at least not without excluding the entire network path.

Kind regards,

Dries

0 Kudos
telemate
Explorer

Hi guys,

we are experiencing the same problem, even with the newest version.

Office and other Documents get the error "cant be saved" on Network Share and after that only a corrupt .tmp file remains.

I will check if setting an exclusion stops this from happening.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Please open a TAC case for this

0 Kudos
Swiftyyyy
Advisor

Hi Val.

This has been a long ongoing story.
We've engaged with TAC a little while ago and received a patched E86.60 client which resolved the issue in our environment
The patch is supposed to be implemented in a main release soon.

Regards,

telemate
Explorer

Hi guys,

thanks for the information Swiftyyyy! This is good news.

@_Val_ I've opened a Case with TAC

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events