Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vc
Explorer

Offline upgrade of agent from 82.00 to 82.30

How do we upgrade the agent from 82.00 to 82.30 without using the smartendpoint server?  I need to push the update with a 3rd party tool as our server is cloud based and we don't have enough bandwidth to upgrade remote sites.  

I was able to install the initial client 82.00 but when I try to upgrade it by launching the 82.30 MSI it fails. 

Any help is appreciated 

Thanks 

VC 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you take the MSI from our website and try to launch that, it will most definitely fail.
If you import this MSI into SmartEndpoint, you should be able to create an offline deployment from there.
Refer to the Working with component Packages for Export section of the Endpoint Security Admin Guide: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80.30/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R80.30_EndpointSecurity_AdminGuide/...
0 Kudos
vc
Explorer

I'm using the exported package from the endpoint server, that is the msi that is failing. Support instructed me to download the MSI from the website, I haven't tried that yet.
0 Kudos
Chinmaya_Naik
Advisor

Hi @vc 

Yes we can't but below procedure may be work for you 

Just Import the new MSI (R82.30) package on endpoint server and export the "EPS.msi" package and shared on to the local Drive.

Then user can download the package and installed it.

Note : You also need to change the version on Deployment Policy.

@Chinmaya_Naik 

0 Kudos
vc
Explorer

How would you handle this for 2000+ endpoints? We can't allow the end users to launch the install, must be automated in some fashion.

0 Kudos
Eyal_Magidish
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Please review the following video:

best practice of how to setup your Endpoint Server and Client with a 3rd Party software.

BR,

Eyal

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events