cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swiftyyyy
Advisor

Next Recommended Version?

Hi,
Just noticed E86.20 had already been released, but E84.50 somehow still persists as the recommended version.
To all you Check Point veterans, what exactly is the criteria for a version to be deemed recommended in the EPS space?

I'm frequently having to do individual client upgrades as E84.50 has some known performance issues & we're finding E86.01 to be a very good release.
We'd like to start moving towards a newer release organization-wide, but the hesitation to brand something newer than E84.50 as recommended is giving us and some of our customers some second thoughts regarding the move. Are there still issues significant enough to prevent the re-classification being ironed out in the last few releases?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

E86.01 is the current candidate to become the next recommended version.

As you can appreciate such things are subject to change so stay tuned for the official announcement.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
the_rock
Legend
Legend

E86.10 is latest version...personally, works really well, but I can only speak for myself.

0 Kudos
Swiftyyyy
Advisor

E86.20 came out yesterday.
No announcement pop-up on Infinity Portal yet, but I have a habit of frequently checking the Endpoint Security Homepage SK.

We have a few E86.10 deployments. Works about as well as E86.01, but it has a feature we need in some cases (url based exclusions for Anti-Malware).
We're just sticking with E86.01 because it's supposed to be a candidate for next recommended (according to TAC info from a few weeks back).

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks for letting me know, I will install E86.20 🙂

0 Kudos
jcortez
Employee
Employee

Due to issues we have ran into with our E86.01 Harmony Endpoint Client, our next recommended client release is going to be E86.25 (after sometime, no ETA) which is currently scheduled to be released at the end of January 2022. This is not a solid ETA and is subject to change.

Justin Cortez
Technology Leader | Endpoint Cyber Security Products | Americas Endpoint Team
Swiftyyyy
Advisor

Looks like E86.01 just got recommended status.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events