Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RS_Daniel
Advisor
Jump to solution

Linux Based super node

Hello community,

I am facing the need to enable super nodes in a deployment and the customer requested to do it with some linux based servers. I have check sk171703 and it says Super Node is a "Windows machine" so i would think linux is not supported for this purpose.

However i tried to configure a linux endpoint as super node on EPMaaS and it allowed the configuration without any warning. The super node is applied to a client settings policy at this momment and I am trying to fin if it is actually working.

Is it possible anyone could confirm is linux is or is not supported for Super Node? Thanks in advance.

Regards

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lesley
Leader Leader
Leader

Note: Super Node for Mac and Linux systems is not yet supported, but is in the roadmap for 2024.  

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Even if it works (and, I'll admit, I don't know the answer), you're still in unsupported territory since the SK explicitly says it's not.
Also, I see no mention of it being added in the Harmony Endpoint Linux SK: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk170198 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Lesley
Leader Leader
Leader

Note: Super Node for Mac and Linux systems is not yet supported, but is in the roadmap for 2024.  

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
RS_Daniel
Advisor

Hello Lesley,

Do you know if this super node for Mac and Linux will be able to run on Linux systems? or they will have to be windows mandatory?

Regards

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Even if it works (and, I'll admit, I don't know the answer), you're still in unsupported territory since the SK explicitly says it's not.
Also, I see no mention of it being added in the Harmony Endpoint Linux SK: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk170198 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Guys gave you correct answers. Just to be sure, I reached out to our SE and he also confirmed its windows ONLY, for now. 

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
RS_Daniel
Advisor

Hello,

Just wanted to share that we also asked TAC for un official answer, and they said Linux does not support Super Node role. Thanks for your answers.

0 Kudos
JonnyRabinowitz
Employee
Employee

To summarize

- Super node for Linux based clients is not yet supported but on roadmap

- The plan is for the same Windows based super node to support all types of endpoint clients (windows, Linux, Mac). This reduces the number of moving parts in network and items to be managed. There are no plans for support of a super node that runs on a Linux platform

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events