cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobby2
Explorer
Jump to solution

How to Remove Check Point Firewall?

Hello. Every time I run my Mac, I can see "popup window" about "Endpoint Security Firewall" (how to activate) – screenshot 1.

I can stop "Check Point Firewall" process. Navigate to "Applications" and just remove it.

But when I run MacOS again the problem is the same.

What can I do?

There is no such file or folder in /Library/Application Support/Checkpoint/Endpoint Security/uninstall.sh

Thanks.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

The path is:  /Library/Application\ Support/Checkpoint/Endpoint\ Security/uninstall.sh 

If you do not have this file, it is likely you have tried to remove the client manually by deleting folders and applications. If this is the case, re-install and then run the uninstall script again. Mind, you need sudo to run it.

View solution in original post

(1)
Bobby2
Explorer

Hello.

If launch Endpoint_Security_VPN.dmg and try to Install it, I can see message: "Endpoint Security VPN build 986200118 is already installed on this computer."

If launch Endpoint_Security_VPN.dmg and try to Unistall it, it helped.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

The path is:  /Library/Application\ Support/Checkpoint/Endpoint\ Security/uninstall.sh 

If you do not have this file, it is likely you have tried to remove the client manually by deleting folders and applications. If this is the case, re-install and then run the uninstall script again. Mind, you need sudo to run it.

(1)
Bobby2
Explorer

Hello.

If launch Endpoint_Security_VPN.dmg and try to Install it, I can see message: "Endpoint Security VPN build 986200118 is already installed on this computer."

If launch Endpoint_Security_VPN.dmg and try to Unistall it, it helped.

Thanks.

frank21
Explorer

cd /Applications

sudo chmod 400 "Check Point Firewall.app"

Firewall will still start automatically, but the Firewall pop-up question will not come any more. I can (just about) live with the auto-start of client. It is always possible to close it from the top bar. But the firewall pop-up often jammed behind some other alert and it was not possible to click "deny" and the only way out was a new re-boot. Stupid!

After the above privs change, the VPN still works normally for me.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events