Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcVB
Contributor
Jump to solution

Harmony endpoint agent (client) disconnected

Hi,

in my environment two workstations are disconnected from the server. I couldn't find the reason why. The blade 'Threat Emultion and Anti-expl' still recieves updates but the other blades doesn't work.

In the Infinity dashboard the workstations are there but without installation data.

I think uninstalling the client and afterwards reinstall will resolve the issue.

But I wondering if there is not a more convenient solution to force a reconnection from the workstation to the server ?

Thanks.

marc

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcVB
Contributor

Thanks for the information.

The fact there are only 2 PC's and they have an old version - I fix the issue by an uninstall/install of the client.

So we can close the ticket.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Maybe dont do that yet (reinstall), just have them rebooted and test. I know lots of clients who use Sentinel one and usually, when you see that status (either disconnected or offline), rebooting the PC would force it to reconnect to the manegement portal again.

0 Kudos
MarcVB
Contributor

In this case - rebooting is not a solution. I tried several times to reboot the PC and the status of Harmany endpoint didn't change. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ok, fair enough. Then more troubleshooting needs to be done on harmony enpoint portal side.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Which client version is used and have you  verified communication with the checkconnectivity.exe?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
MarcVB
Contributor

The client version is E84.xx .

the tool 'checkconnectivity' is new for me so the tool is not used. Where can I find more information about the tool ?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's part of the Endpoint installation from E85.10 and above.
See: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... 

0 Kudos
MarcVB
Contributor

Thanks for the information.

The fact there are only 2 PC's and they have an old version - I fix the issue by an uninstall/install of the client.

So we can close the ticket.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats good news, but please consider advice @Chris_Atkinson gave as well about recommended version. Btw, I tested E87 on both Windows and Mac, Im impressed how fast they respond. CP really came a long way from the old days of endpoint clients. Customers I work with that use harmony endpoint are super happy with it. Yes, there are some minor hiccups, usually with anti malware blade, but nothing that cant be fixed quick.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Admin note: there are no tickets here. This is a community, not TAC.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Noting that the recommended version is E86.60 please consider upgrading when practical.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Andrew_Scott
Participant

I had this happen on some of my systems running 86.60 due to an invalid default policy download. Here's how you fix it without a complete uninstall reinstall.

Verify the issue

CPDA.log will show connections to the correct server but failure to apply policies.

Right click the tray icon > Show Client >  Menu > Advanced > View Policies

On my broken systems it shows Version 0 for the Common Client policy version with a date in 2079.

Fix the issue

Run the PassDialog utility on a working machine and enter your install password to disable app protection then make a copy this folder:

C:\ProgramData\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\Common\Storage\Common\ 

Run PassDialog on the broken machine then rename the same folder to Common.bak (or whatever you prefer) then replace it with the working copy. 

Reboot the system then run another update and it should work.

Note

PassDialog.exe appears in your %temp% folder when you try to repair or uninstall Check Point from Programs and Features. Just make a copy and save it to run for this.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events