Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KomisarzRyba
Explorer
Jump to solution

Harmony Endpoint Security installation problem on Windows 11

Hello,
There are problems installing Harmony Endpoint Security on Windows 11.
If we want to install Harmony on Windows 11 through the installer from the portal (Overview -> Download Endpoint), the installation stops without a message.
I've made unsuccessful attempts with clients in versions 86.xxx and 87.xxx. (with windows updates and without updates).
Reboot Portal Harmony Endpoint in Service Management doesn't help.
Only in the logs of windows systems there is an error: check point endpoint security requires windows 7 sp1 or a greater windows version up to windows 10.0.22500.
We tested the problem on different networks, on newly installed Windows 11 systems downloaded from the official Microsoft website. 
Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SaintedDrew1
Participant

Support figured out my issue.

It would seem that the duplicate package is downloading the wrong client version afterall, the EPS.msi provided is 86.01.1005.

I would recommend creating a new package for install instead of duplicating.   
I will try and recreate the issue on my end and report it to our RnD.

We were duplicating prior packages and the new stuff did not carry over.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Strongiukas
Explorer

Hi,

Try disabling "Smart App control" on Windows.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Are you able to confirm which edition and build of windows 11 is used also have you reported this to TAC for investigation?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats odd...I installed multiple versions of harmony endpoint on different flavors of windowsd 11 and never had such a problem. Can you provide relevant logs we could review?

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
SaintedDrew1
Participant

Were you able to find a solution to this?  I'm having the exact same issue trying to install on WIndows 11:

Check Point Endpoint Security requires Windows 7 SP1 or a greater Windows version up to Windows 10.0.22500

0 Kudos
KomisarzRyba
Explorer

You can try to change the installation version in "Default settings for the entire organization" (Policy -> Software Deployment) or in other rules, depending on your settings.

0 Kudos
SaintedDrew1
Participant

We have do not install for the organization.   Do you know what particular setting you changed for the client to install on WIndows 11 to bypass the erre you were getting?

0 Kudos
SaintedDrew1
Participant

Support figured out my issue.

It would seem that the duplicate package is downloading the wrong client version afterall, the EPS.msi provided is 86.01.1005.

I would recommend creating a new package for install instead of duplicating.   
I will try and recreate the issue on my end and report it to our RnD.

We were duplicating prior packages and the new stuff did not carry over.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Just to confirm this is an Enterprise/Pro version and not Home edition?

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/E87.x/EN/Endpoint_Security_Clients_for_Windows_RN/Content/Topic... 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
SaintedDrew1
Participant

This is Windows Pro with a Business license on top.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events