Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kryten
Collaborator
Jump to solution

General question about on-prem usage

Hi all,

we recently started evaluating the Harmony services (mainly Endpoint but also Browse and Connect) via the infinity Portal.
I did read here and there that these services can also be used via an on-prem installation instead of the cloud service. Since we have quite some customers who are a bit "cloud-shy"(or facing regulations that make them prefer on-prem) I wonder now how exactly that is done.
Is it "just" using the Smart Endpoint Management Blade to connect the Clients to and manage the policies(so basically SmartEndpoint like "before" Harmony), or is there some dedicated Harmony on-prem stuff that I fail to find?

Probably a dumb question and some misunderstanding on my part, but I am confused with this and do not have much experience with these Endpoint Services yet.

Thanks in advance for any hints on this!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Correct SmartEndpoint or the Web interface in more recent versions. This can be a  dedicated EPM or consolidated with your Firewall Managment depending on sizing requirements. 

Note some features are cloud first or cloud specific (cloud only). 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Correct SmartEndpoint or the Web interface in more recent versions. This can be a  dedicated EPM or consolidated with your Firewall Managment depending on sizing requirements. 

Note some features are cloud first or cloud specific (cloud only). 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
Kryten
Collaborator

Thanks for clearing that up!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just my personal opinion, I know that most customer are "cloud shy", but IT world is moving towards the cloud and there is no denying the fact. I will tell you, having dealt with Smart-1 cloud for few years now, its gotten much better (CP mgmt server in the cloud) and bunch of other cloud solutions also came a long way. Is there room for improvement...OF COURSE. But, like anything, will come as time goes by. 

Put it this way, yes, having physical ssh access to anything on prem is great, BUT...considering you can access cloud portal from anywhere in the world is great. I mean, you could be in Tasmania and say someone in Alaska makes a bad mistake inadvertently and you can simply fix it from across the world by creating a rule on the mgmt server from the cloud, which you could NOT do if it was on prem (not easy way anyway).

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Historically, our Endpoint solution has been managed on-prem only.
In the last few years, we've included cloud management for our Endpoint solution at no extra cost.
Our first versions of cloud management only allowed for SmartEndpoint, but we gradually built a web interface for most of the common functions.
That web interface also made its way to on-prem installations as well.

In short: we offer it both ways.
Having said that, some functionality is tied to the cloud.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)