cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K-R_-Trust-Net
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot access the remote PC after i tried to deploy FDE

Hi to anyone who could assist me with this. i am playing with this test environment from techpoint when i got this error(see error1.png).

My goal is to deploy FDE only Blade with Dan PC.

Please note of the following

-I haven't touch any setting in smartConsole
-I Remove all the policy that has do with Dan-PC in the policy tab of smartEndpoint
-I remove all the software blades of Dan and Add FDE only to Dan in deployment tab of SmartEndpoint
-I restart the Dan-PC by doing Dan-PC>>windows button>>Power>>restart, like a normal computer..

Thank you in advance for helping a novice like me get through with this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
K-R_-Trust-Net
Contributor

thanks for helping, i solved this by disabling the pre boot of FDE. yet my next problem is that after i deleted Dan-PC policies and edit his blades on smart console. when i go to Dan-PC, the blades that were removed are still there yet Dan PC seems unaffected.

Please refer to this link.
https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Endpoint/How-to-check-if-FDE-now-works-on-Test-PC/m-p/141016#M51...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im not nearly good with endpoint side like some people here, but I recall once customer had similar issue and when we removed FDE from their computer, all worked. I remember they followed default install and then issue did not come back, so it might be worth trying that if you can.

0 Kudos
K-R_-Trust-Net
Contributor

i see.. but if that would work.. then I'm back to zero, because my goal is to deploy FDE and to manage it then see the function of it.

0 Kudos
K-R_-Trust-Net
Contributor

by the way, i tried to remove the FDE policy and deployment of Dan base on what you said.. yeah it worked.. but it doesnt align to my goal.. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I hear ya...let me see if I can find an email when I death with this in the past, as Im pretty sure what I described worked for the customer. I can't recall exactly how they digit when it was reinstalled, but I believe they just followed default prompts on endpoint server and it somehow worked. I will see if there was TAC case about it. By the way, you may wish to involve TAC in case you can't figure it out. I know FDE can be a bit tricky to fix when this happens.

0 Kudos
K-R_-Trust-Net
Contributor

thanks for helping, i solved this by disabling the pre boot of FDE. yet my next problem is that after i deleted Dan-PC policies and edit his blades on smart console. when i go to Dan-PC, the blades that were removed are still there yet Dan PC seems unaffected.

Please refer to this link.
https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Endpoint/How-to-check-if-FDE-now-works-on-Test-PC/m-p/141016#M51...

0 Kudos
jcortez
Employee
Employee

@K-R_-Trust-Net 

When using/enabling FDE the is a FDE Preboot that is enabled for logging into the machine securely. There is no network connectivity when at preboot. The FDE Preboot login is meant for a user to be directly at the machine and not accessing the machine remotely.

If you are trying to access machine remotely that have our FDE solution on them and Preboot is enabled, the user(s) would first need to login through preboot in order for you to remote into the machine/Windows. This is expected behavior and how the product is designed.

If you do not want to use preboot it can be disabled. However, this is not recommended as this would decrease the level of security being offered by FDE.

Justin Cortez
Technology Leader | Endpoint Cyber Security Products | Americas Endpoint Team
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events