Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI DSS v4.0

SmartEvent Type: Compliance, Management, PCI,

RobertoQ
Employee
Employee
Verified By CP

PCI DSS v4.0 provides a baseline of technical and operational requirements designed to protect account data. While specifically designed to focus on environments with payment card account data, PCI DSS can also be used to protect against threats and secure other elements in the payment ecosystem.

;
TO ACCESS CHECKMATES TOOLBOX it's simple and free

Disclaimer: Check Point does not provide maintenance services or technical or customer support for third party content provided on this Site, including in CheckMates Toolbox. See also our Third Party Software Disclaimer.

4 Replies

George_Ellis
Advisor

And when you get to the audit, you will want this file.  They ask every year.

Gaia R81.10 Hardening Specifications.  
https://downloads.checkpoint.com/dc/download.htm?ID=115911

;

cem82
Contributor

This looks great, I have a couple of questions.

1)  Since this is not "supported / official" update are there plans to integrate an official version of it into R81.20?  I've downloaded the demo smartconsole and the latest it comes with is 3.2.1 even though PCI 4 was released prior to R81.20 ?

2)  Going through the new PCI requirements in section 10.3.4 and 11.5.2 it has for weekly critical file comparisons.  When I look at that section in the compliance blade report under that sec

...;

0 Kudos

RobertoQ
Employee
Employee

Regulation mappings are done in between major releases of Security Management. Next one up is R82 which should bring all the latest definitions as part of the major build. 

In the 10.3.4 mapping, it is mapped to best practice FW108 which checks that in the event that firewall logs are being deleted, the field 'Run the following script before deleting log files' is selected and that a script is documented.

This best practice is based on the directive that Firewall logs should not be

...;

cem82
Contributor

Thanks for explaining that they only get updated on major versions.  In terms of the critical file integrity, I'm being told that it is to ensure OS/app related files aren't being replaced by some other version not just logs.  Is there a feature within compliance blade (or something else) that does that type of file checks or do we need to look at what other third party software is available for that?  It seems to be a new PCI requirement and do see this other post about it from 2020 but

...;

0 Kudos