Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blason_R
Leader
Leader
Jump to solution

How to autoscale Appsec to manage the load if deployed in Azure

Hi Team,

What is the way to deploy Appsec in Azure cloud with autoscaling? I mean I am planning to deploy it on a Nginx server which will serve around 10 portals and out of those 10 portals one will be serving huge number of users and it would vary that is at certain times the number would be 6000 users while at peak period it might scale up to 10000 events.

Hence wondering how can I leverage the Azure native functionality to autoscale the load?

TIA

Blason R

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yuvalmamka
Employee
Employee

Hi, adding on Nir's comment - If you choose to deploy CloudGuard AppSec as a managed gateway (meaning: Check Point brings both the NGINX environment and AppSec agent on top), you can choose to deploy it through the marketplace as a VMSS (Virtual Machine Scale Set).

This will allow you to configure the scaling you want and it all happens automatically through the installation wizard.

If you choose to build your own NGINX environment and to only install our agent on top, you can configure your NGINX to be reverse proxy and act as a load balancer.

Personally, I think that the marketplace option is better 🙂 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nir_Shamir
Employee Employee
Employee

Hi,

There is an option to deploy AppSec from Azure marketplace as an autoscale deployment. 
this will deploy our instances with the AppSec already installed on them. 

yuvalmamka
Employee
Employee

Hi, adding on Nir's comment - If you choose to deploy CloudGuard AppSec as a managed gateway (meaning: Check Point brings both the NGINX environment and AppSec agent on top), you can choose to deploy it through the marketplace as a VMSS (Virtual Machine Scale Set).

This will allow you to configure the scaling you want and it all happens automatically through the installation wizard.

If you choose to build your own NGINX environment and to only install our agent on top, you can configure your NGINX to be reverse proxy and act as a load balancer.

Personally, I think that the marketplace option is better 🙂 

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Yes market place the better option for vmss however since I like control nginx configuration and lot of customization. Default vmss image is not allowing me to do that.

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos