Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Antonio_Opromol
Contributor

Why in mgmt_cli api when add a simple GW the hardware parameter is in some scenario not available?

Hi,

when I try to add a simple gateway with a script using mgmt_cli api, if I use an on-premise management , I'm able to use the hardware parameter for a CloudGuard IaaS gateway, instead if I use a management deployed on Azure (no SMart-1 Cloud), the hardware parameter is not recognized in the script (the version is the same R81.20 with latest HFA), and also in the documentation v1.9.1 of these API the hardware parameter is not available on the simple gateway and instead is present on the simple-cluster .

Without the hardware parameter in the scritp, I have an open server value for the hardware by default instead in my case of a CloudGuard IaaS value.

Why this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Hi,

There shouldn't be any difference (especially MGMT API) between on-prem and public cloud MGMT servers.

I just deployed Azure environment for this and it worked. Make sure you have latest SmartConsole build as well as the latest HFA.

You can share the relevant part of the script if you wish.

At the moment you have to put "CloudGuard IaaS" manually but in the near future, when running "Get" on the GW, you will get this automatically.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
Antonio_Opromol
Contributor

Hi Amir, I'm using Terraform for deploy NVA and I create the script dynamically in Terraform and then execute with Terraform on Mgmt in Azure. My script is below attached and I've removed the hardware parameters, because give me error on Azure Mgmt, but if I modify the script adding the hardware "CloudGuard IaaS" parameter and execute it on my on-prem mgmt it run without errors.

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Any difference if you run set simple gateway after the script?

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
Antonio_Opromol
Contributor

I'll try, but in the mgmt_cli API guide the hardware parameters is not present also with set for the simple gateway. I've made test with simple cluster and the paramters is present in the API and works also with mgmt on Azure.

0 Kudos
Antonio_Opromol
Contributor

Hi Amir, updating mgmt to latest Hotfix the set command for define the hardware parameter works. I'll also try the add simple gateway command with the hardware parameters run after apply the latest mgmt hotfix. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Antonio_Opromol
Contributor

Hi Amir, do you know a way to update the mgmt to latest Hotfix using API in manner to have a full automation and have the mgmt ready for the next steps without to do this update manually?

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

We have installer commands in clish. Smart-1 Cloud also updates itself automatically if something like this could interest you.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
Antonio_Opromol
Contributor

Hi Amir,

I see that also with the mgmt api there are commands to verify the package (mgmt_cli verify-software-package) and to install it (mgmt_cli install-software-package), but unfortunatly are only for gws and not mgmt object. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.