Checkpoint 77 to AWS
A bit more context here would be helpful.
- What exact version of code are you working with on the local end? Base version, applied jumbo hotfixes, etc.
- Are you trying to establish a VPN with a Check Point inside of AWS or are you terminating to the AWS VPN endpoint?
- Which documentation did you try to follow?
- What errors are you seeing in SmartLog?
A little bit more context and information :
- The checkpoint is a R77.10
- I'm trying to etablish a connection between a checkpoint (On-premise) and to terminate to the AWS VPN endpoint.
- I have tried to follow the " https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... "
- I can see the following in Smartlog :
"Key Installed : TUNNEL STATUS CHANGE: Peer gateway AWS1 has changed status to DOWN "
Are you using VTIs or not? This is generally the better approach, but it disables CoreXL.
Also the SK suggests using MSS Clamping, which may be needed and will require upgrading to R77.20 and above.
You might want to do that anyway since R77.10 will be End of Support in August 2017: Support Life Cycle Policy | Check Point Software
As troubleshooting VPNs in general is fairly complex, I would recommend engaging with the TAC to assist.