cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vaibhav_Parleka
Participant

Can we add 8 virtual cores in vSEC for ESXi

Hi, 

I am new to virtual security solutions. I went through the below link which provides information about the cores required and shows support upto 6 virtual cores. just wanted to check with experts here can we add 8 virtual cores and get more performance if required. is it a supported configuration?

https://www.checkpoint.com/products/iaas-private-cloud-security/  

please advise thanks in advance

Vaibhav

9 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

vSEC/CloudGuard Gateway supports up to 8 virtual cores.

ATRG: vSEC / CloudGuard for VMware NSX

0 Kudos
Marcos_Vieira
Contributor

Sorry. I couldn´t find this information in sk111060, the link you sent. 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

0 Kudos
Marcos_Vieira
Contributor

Hi,

The document shows the performance with 2, 4 or 8 cores, but says nothing about more cores (up to?). Does it support more vCPUs? Can I assume that the limit is defined by the Hypervisor and the Check Point license? Or there is a limitation not documented?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

More than 8 might have non linear performance results and is uncommon but should work (up to 16).

Are you mapping and deploying dedicated hardware for this VM?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Marcos_Vieira
Contributor

Ok. Thanks for the information about the 16 virtual cores. I was just confirming the upper limit.

The end user is migrating some open servers to virtual ones. He was advised about reserving resources to the VMs.

0 Kudos
vaibhav_Parleka
Participant

wow, this forum is super. I never expected a response so quick. Just to confirm it's for ESXi and not NSX. We don't have NSX. Just like the link in my post which mentions the throughput we can achieve with 6 virtual cores. any idea how much throughput we can expect with 8 virtual cores. unfortunately the table on the link only shows up to 6 virtual cores. looks like check point missed publishing that.

Does the link you shared requires special login on user center to access it.

Thanks a lot danny for your quick response. 

Vaibhav

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

0 Kudos
vaibhav_Parleka
Participant

Thanks Danny, 

do you know off-hand the performance gain with 8 cores. Can we safely assume around 2 Gbps with NGTP license?

Vaibhav

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.