cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Paisley
Advisor

Azure Linux VM agent version

We have some Clouguard gateways in Azure deployed from the marketplace

They have linux VM agent 2.2.45 installed, which Checkpoint say is the latest version they support.

Microsoft are now telling us 2.2.53.1 is the lowest version they support.

Anybody else run into this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I will double check later, bit odd latest version would be from 2020

Andy

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk164880

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I found this online. To me, logically, it would indicate even lower version would still work.

Andy

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/azure/virtual-machines/windows/support-extensions-age...

Minimum supported version of Linux VM Agent

To get support for Linux Agent and extensions in Azure, the Linux Agent version on the Linux virtual machine (VM) must be later than or equal to version 2.2.53.1.

Starting in July 2022, the minimum supported version will be version 2.2.53.1 for the Linux Agent.

• If the Linux Agent version is earlier than version 2.2.53.1, you must update the VM by using the distribution package manager and by enabling auto-update.
  • If the distribution vendor doesn't have the minimum Linux Agent version in the package repositories, the system is still in support. If the Linux Agent version is later than version 2.1.7, you must enable the Agent auto-update feature. It will retrieve the latest version of code for extension handling.
  • If the Linux Agent version is earlier than version 2.2.53.1, or if the Linux system is out-of-support, we may require you to update the agent before getting support.
  • If the Linux Agent version is customized by a publisher, Microsoft may direct you to the publisher for support agent or extension-specific support because of the customization. To upgrade the Linux Agent, see How to update the Azure Linux Agent on a VM.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.