AWS Gateway Load Balancer
This post is to bring awareness and ask a few questions regarding CloudGuard IaaS and AWS GWLB. If you are not aware of the AWS GWLB see the links below. Now my questions:
1. Is there a version requirement for utilizing a GWLB with CoudGuard Iaas? If so, what is it and will there be support for earlier versions in the future?
2. When will the Blueprint be updated to include the AWS GWLB?
3. When will the CloudFormation template be available?
More of a comment/request , but can Checkpoint provide more detailed information including a video of the GWLB solution in regards to architecture, issues it resolves, configuration, deployment etc., as some other vendors have done.
- Check Point will support GWLB via marketplace deployments for R80.40 initially with R81 to follow. At this time, there is no plan to support earlier versions of CG Network Security (previously known as CG IaaS).
- The foundations of the blueprint will not change dramatically with GWLB. GWLB itself simplifies implementation of the Check Point Blueprint 2.0. Nonetheless, we’re working to revise the blueprint and expect to release it by EOY.
- CloudFormation Template for deployment of Check Point Auto-scaling Group + GWLB & Optional Management in a Security VPC will be available with our R80.40 public AMI. Planned release EOY
- Deployment guide, architecture, and video are all pending and will be released along with the public marketplace AMI
If you’d like to learn more about GWLB and see it in action with Check Point CloudGuard, please speak with your Check Point partner, your account Security Engineer or contact us.
Hi, Happy New Year everyone!
We are pleased to announce a customer EA for our integration with GWLB. We are supporting R80.40 Gateways, and deployment is handled with CloudFormation.
At the moment this is a controlled EA, so the AMI isn't published publicly yet. To secure access, please get in touch with your account manager/SE or contact me directly. Approved accounts will be granted access to the AMI and a package containing admin guide and readme.