Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ave_Joe
Contributor

AWS China Region - Stack deployment

Has anyone successfully deployed the AWS Launch Stack for Cloud Guard IAAS (sk104418) in AWS China Region?

The Launch Stack in the SK points to:

https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudformation/home?region=us-east-1#/stacks/create/review?templateUR...

If the host is changed to goto the China Region console;

https://console.amazonaws.cn/cloudformation/home?region=cn-north-1#/stacks/create/review?templateURL...

It allows the Stack data to be filed out but creation fails with the error;

The following resource(s) failed to create: [ClusterRole, ClusterPublicAddress, AMI, MemberAPublicAddress, InstanceSecurityGroup, MemberBPublicAddress].

There are a couple of Public IAAS AMI's in AWS China Region but I have no idea how choose the AMI from within the Launch Stack.

Any ideas how best to resolve this issue or get a HA Cluster deployed in AWS China Region?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What gateway version are you selecting?
Possible the one you're selecting doesn't exist or is no longer available and you should try a different version.
0 Kudos
Ave_Joe
Contributor

Hi Phone Boy.

Thanks for following up  

I was originally trying to deploy R80.20 BYOL.  Based on your feedback I did try R80.10 BYOL but the same error occurred.

What do you recommend as the next step?

-- AJ

0 Kudos
Ave_Joe
Contributor

I wanted to circle back on this.
The Stack from sk111013 for Cluster deployment does not work in China. No concrete answer but evidence seems to point the the json file amis.json. It does not have any AMI's listed for the China region.
I did get an instance of R77.30 deployed via the Amazon console but this is far from having a HA Cluster of R80.20 ready.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Assuming those AMIs exist, we should update the relevant file. Recommend opening a TAC case so we can get this corrected.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.