cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post a Question

Capsule Docs & Check Point Courseware

Jump to solution

I raised this issue in an older thread where a similar discussion was started but have kind of hit a wall, so I figured it may deserve its own thread. We bought electronic copies of the CCSA/CCSE courseware and I am stuck trying to get the Capsule Docs Viewer that was designated for use with these eBooks to integrate into Adobe Reader DC (CPDS-Viewer bundle).

I followed the installation instructions to the letter on two different Windows 10 machines with the same result. No matter what, I cannot get the documents to open in Adobe Reader. All I get is the single page indicating the document is protected:

I am able to view the documents in the traditional Capsule Docs reader, but I have the well documented problem of being unable to print the document in its entirety. So, I know my permissions to access the document are correct and functional. I just can't get this "add-on" to work in Adobe Reader.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

-Dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Capsule Docs & Check Point Courseware

Jump to solution

Hi,

Have You tried to install Capsule Docs Editor?

It has all necessary plugins to open encrypted pdf in Adobe.

INFO: According to  sk139173, Adobe Reader support Capsule Docs Editor Add-on in Reader version no higher than 2018.011.20063.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi,

Have You tried to install Capsule Docs Editor?

It has all necessary plugins to open encrypted pdf in Adobe.

INFO: According to  sk139173, Adobe Reader support Capsule Docs Editor Add-on in Reader version no higher than 2018.011.20063.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I did not see that there was a maximum version of Reader. Based on that, the version I have is too new. Let me try to go back and find an older version of Acrobat. Thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

That portion worked... now it appears that I don't have "Print" rights to eBook files when I retrieve my permissions in the Capsule Docs client console. It seems like I had this before? That's probably more of an account services issue now, I suppose?

I will say that the entire process to view this course material has been painful and makes me wish I could have just paid the same money and had a giant binder mailed to me. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Daniel, I was reading this thread and felt the need to +1 commiserate.   It is even more frustrating when you have Linux and have to find a windows machine to view a pdf, and then have to use the capsule viewer standalone which doesn't even allow you to jump to a particular page when your course instructor says "go to page 550". I also can't print, copy /paste or do any basic functions other than scroll up and down.  The whole idea of protecting the document and requiring proprietary viewers seems a bit ridiculous, this isn't top secret information.  Checkpoint seems to have missed the mark with their document handling in my opinion.

0 Kudos