Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jberg712
Contributor

Google Searches Odd Behavior

I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has been experiencing similar issues.  We've had several users indicate to us that when they do Google searches and attempt to click on a link, it just hangs and spins.  You can click the address bar and hit enter a couple of times or re-click the link a few times and it finally goes to the link.  I can take the system out from behind the firewall and everything works seamlessly.  I've even put a troubleshooting rule to allow all outbound for myself to test and I still experience the same issue.  Strangely enough, if I use firefox, I don't experience the issue.  It's in Edge and Chrome which led me to believe a recent update occurred to created a problem.  But again, when I take the system out from behind the firewall, everything works fine.  So I don't know if there's a component in Chrome/Edge that CheckPoint is struggling with parsing or what.  Again, even adding a rule that allows all outbound access doesn't change the behavior.  Has anyone else come across this behavior?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Never had that issue myself, even in the lab with ssl inspection on. Do you use ssl inspection? Regardless, when did the issue happen? Is it affecting all users?

Andy

0 Kudos
jberg712
Contributor

We do use SSL Inspection.  It appears to be affecting all users behind the gateway.  I know some services with Google are inspected and some are not.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Is it same behavior no matter what browser they use? I attached a doc with some screenshots of how I have this set up in the lab and works fine.

Andy

0 Kudos
AdiGH
Employee
Employee

Are you using Harmony Browse or Harmony Endpoint products? or only the firewall? 

0 Kudos
jberg712
Contributor

We are not using Harmony Endpoint or Browse.  It's only Secure Gateway with Firewall, App Cntrl, URL filtering, HTTPS Inspection, along with threat protection like IPS, Antibot, Antivirus.

0 Kudos
Lesley
Leader Leader
Leader

I think this one is the issue:

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk111754

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend