cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vanesa_Benito_O
Contributor

VSX Provisioning tool -> Create Cluster VSX

Hi,

I am trying to deploy a vsx cluster automatically. I have heard, this is possible in the new version R80.10.

I have trying using the following command:

##vsx_provisioning_tool -L -f file

file:

add vsx name VSXCluster_Name type cluster cluster_type ha main_ip 192.168.1.10 version R80.10 sync_if_name eth1 sync_netmask 255.255.255.0 rule_ssh enable rule_ping enable

add vsx_member Prueba_1 main_ip 192.168.1.7 sync_ip 1.1.1.1 sic_opt vpn123

add vsx_member Prueba_2 main_ip 192.168.1.8 sync_ip 1.1.1.2 sic_opt vpn12

But when I execute it, I get the following error. Has anyone tryed to do this by cli?

Error: VSX cluster with less than 2 members cannot be created.
Failed to execute line number 1

Thank you

Vanesa

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ivo_Marques
Contributor

Hi,

I never used vsx_provisioning_tool on R80.10 but on R77.30 to make that kind of configuration you have to start a transaction.

Try to start your script with:

transaction begin

Put your commands here;

Finnish with:

transaction end
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Agree with Ivo. We didn't create actual VS with the tool but populated all interfaces and routes during migration from appliance to the chassis. Worked like a charm.

genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Are there any real examples to create a VS with interfaces (wrp links to VSWs), routes?

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

I've managed to create a VS with routes, but I found the following issues which I've reported to TAC:

• using parameter instances6 0 (telling the VS to have zero cores assigned to IPv6).
  • using a Group with Exclusions for Antispoofing (does not recognize this as a network group).
  • I could not see how to add a description in the VS object or colour it, so if anyone knows how to do this within the same vsx provisioning script please let me know.

b.t.w added comments in the script is also fine!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events