cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nanda
Participant

User Object Export

Hi,

Is it possible to export from the local user database from one management server and import it to another management server on R80.40

0 Kudos
6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Sadly, I dont believe you can fo that, but maybe someone else can confirm. There might be a way to do it from API, but not sure.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

The command to do this used to be fwm dbexport but it is not supported in R80+.  Try Phoneboy's dbedit workaround he mentioned here:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Management/fwmbin-cmain-Failed-to-convert-database/td-p/5438

Also starting in API 1.6.1+ there is the show users detail-level full command, but I don't think it will display the password.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The API output for v1.6.1/1.7 is probably easier to work with in general (and has formally supported APIs).
However, you are correct in that the output does not include the internal password hash.
Definitely an RFE @Omer_Kleinstern.

The only way to output the password hash currently is via dbedit, as described in the thread.

0 Kudos
Nanda
Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the update let me check the same and revert

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Also worth noting: users and administrators are totally separate object types. The `show users` shows user objects. These can be used to log in to a remote access VPN and the like, but cannot be used to log in to SmartConsole. This can be a big source of confusion for a lot of people not already familiar with Check Point.

There is a separate `show administrators` API command, which I believe has been there since APIv1.0 with R80.

Edit: I just realized 'show administrators' only works on an MDS. There does not appear to be a way to view the administrators on a normal SmartCenter via the API.

0 Kudos
Nanda
Participant

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for the update let me try the same

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events