Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ekta_Siwani1
Contributor
Jump to solution

Session getting recorded at smart console after logging out

Hi,

I have been working on R80.10 stand-alone using REST API.
I am creating multiple object from a csv file (for loop) using REST API , I am able to publish it and able to log out at the end of loop.
Steps are :
1. Log in. 
2. Use session to create multiple object with for loop and come out of loop.
3. Publish.
4. Log out the session.

But in the smart console -> session section i am able to see the entry with log-in and log-out time.
I don't want this entry to be recorded here, what should i do while making REST API call so this entry will not be visible once i will log out from the existing session.

Attached screen - shot for same
Inline image 1
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

We have replaced the R80.10 Management Server image a few months ago. One of the changes were stability improvements at session management at the core of the security management server. So the fact that you are not facing this issue anymore is not coincidental. If this ever happens again please be sure to open a ticket.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi Ekta,

can you confirm that this still happens in your version of R80.10? Which Jumbo Hotfix are you using?

can you please re-attach the screenshot picture? 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I would expect the fact you logged in/out through the API to be logged in the Audit logs.

Are you saying it's showing elsewhere?

I'm with Tomer, a screenshot would help.

0 Kudos
Ekta_Siwani1
Contributor

Hi Tomer and Dameon,

I am not using any jumbo hotfix.

I was using API to log in as well as to log out.

According to my understanding, After logging out this session should disappear from session panel. With my old setup session was not getting disappeared after logging out.

But with the new setup(recent installed r80.10 management), I am not facing this issue anymore.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

We have replaced the R80.10 Management Server image a few months ago. One of the changes were stability improvements at session management at the core of the security management server. So the fact that you are not facing this issue anymore is not coincidental. If this ever happens again please be sure to open a ticket.

Brian_Deutmeyer
Collaborator

As a side note, you stated your are building objects from a CSV file using a loop.  Are you aware of the batch mode option?

Have a header in your CSV:

To create nodes:

name,ipv4-address

node1,1.2.3.4

To create nodes and add to a group (make sure the group is created prior):

name,ipv4-address,groups
node1,1.2.3.4,group1

mgmt_cli -s ~/sid.txt add host -b myhosts.csv

Ekta_Siwani1
Contributor

Hi Brian,

Yes, I am aware of batch mode operation.

But for my use case, I was not allowed to use this feature.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events