Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fly1ng_circus
Contributor

License management via API

Using the GAIA API you can manage licenses on/from the management server. However, something I have not found yet is, if the management server is an MDS, how to change licenses on the domains on the MDS. I have only found information regarding changing licenses at the MDS level or SMS (if no mds). I have not found in documentation anything regarding the licenses for the Domain/CMA or how to manipulate the domain level changes through the Gaia API like you can through the management API.

Is this possible at all? or is this something that is coming in the future?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I dont believe thats possible, but you may want to confirm with TAC.

0 Kudos
Dima_M
Employee
Employee

Hi @fly1ng_circus , 

Could you please share more info on what do you want to achieve? Which licenses you would like to manage on Domain level?

0 Kudos
fly1ng_circus
Contributor

We have a fairly large set of lab devices. We run Eval licenses on them as they are only for test and evaluation, but keeping licenses up to date on them is time consuming. So Was looking for a way VIA the API that I could manage them. I have scripts that update them VIA cli, which works somewhat, but managing them and deleting old licenses is just easier when you can do it through the API.

0 Kudos
Jancarius
Explorer
Explorer

I don't believe this is possible under the current API (as of 80.30 anyway).  I can't find any license-related commands in the API reference guide.

0 Kudos
fly1ng_circus
Contributor

in the GAIA API there are license commands starting in v1.4 but it seems limited to just the top level server either MDS or SMS. It doesn't appear that you can do anything with domains on an MDS from the GAIA API standpoint right now.

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/GaiaAPIs/#web/add-license~v1.4%20

0 Kudos
Dima_M
Employee
Employee

Which licenses do you use on Domain level?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events