cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gaurav_Pandya
Advisor

Dynamic Objects in R80.10

Hi All,

I came to know the feature of R80.10 that we can make the dynamic objects for Microsoft services and others. 

Prerequisite for both Mgmt and Gateway : R80.10 with Take 24 HFA.

Configuration

1. In SmartConsole, go to the Objects Explorer (in the upper right corner).
  2. Click on the .. button - go to the More menu - go to the Network Object menu - go to the Dynamic Objects menu - click on the Dynamic Object...:

1. Name the dynamic object with the specific Office365 service name as specified in the table below (Important Note: The names are case sensitive).

Description of Office 365 service

Name of Check Point Dynamic Object

Name in Microsoft feed

All Office 365 services

CP_MS_Office365

-

Exchange Federation

CP_MS_EX-Fed

EX-Fed

Exchange Online

CP_MS_EXO

EXO

Exchange Online Protection

CP_MS_EOP

EOP

Microsoft Digital Note

CP_MS_OneNote

OneNote

Microsoft Teams

CP_MS_Teams

Teams

Office for iPad

CP_MS_OfficeiPad

OfficeiPad

Office Mobile

CP_MS_OfficeMobile

OfficeMobile

Office Online

CP_MS_WAC

WAC

Office 365 Authentication and Identity

CP_MS_Identity

Identity

Office 365 Certificate Revocation Lists

CP_MS_CRLs

CRLs

Office 365 Portal and shared

CP_MS_o365

o365

Office 365 ProPlus

CP_MS_ProPlus

ProPlus

Office 365 Video and Microsoft Streams

CP_MS_Office365Video

Office365Video

Office 365 Yammer

CP_MS_Yammer

Yammer

Office 365 Sway

CP_MS_Sway

Sway

Remote Connectivity Analyzer

CP_MS_RCA

RCA

SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business

CP_MS_SPO

SPO

Skype for Business Online

CP_MS_LYO

LYO

Task Management for Teams

CP_MS_Planner

Planner

1. Create the relevant access policy rule.

Publish the session and install the policy.

29 Replies
Mike_Buglass
Explorer

Are these really defined automatically?  Values for dynamic objects are defined on gateways, and while this could be done with a script I can't find any documentation or announcement about it being provided by Checkpoint (and I would expect to find something in the release notes).  Has someone at your site written a script to create these objects?

I don't have access to an R80.10 gateway to check

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

On my gateways, these objects are not defined yet (I'm running a later JHF). 

I know that there is a plan to make something like this available soon, as has been discussed in several threads on CheckMates.

I will see if I can get an update on the current status of this.

0 Kudos
Gaurav_Pandya
Advisor

Hi,

Actually We have asked Checkpoint for this type of scenarios as one of customer is looking. We got the above answer. Still sk is in internal and not published yet. Below is the information about sk.

Solution ID

sk119562

Product

Security Gateway

Version

R80.10

OS

Gaia

Platform / Model

All

Access Level

Internal

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That's because it is currently in private EA.

If you're interested, please contact your local Check Point SE.

0 Kudos
Lars_Gosebrink
Explorer

very usefull feature. Is this working in R80.10?

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, but it requires a special fix that's not generally available.

As noted above, please contact your local Check Point SE.

2e15242e-6b6a-4
Explorer

hi All.

Is this URL Forwarding?

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What do you mean by URL Forwarding?

0 Kudos
Phil_Haddy
Explorer

Hi

Have found out the following recently when attempting to use dynamic objects for Office 365

Currently dynamic objects are only supported in R80.10 JHF Take 121 with an additional hot-fix that adds support for the Check Point feed.

The hot-fix is available for the current JHF (Take 154), but needs a RFE to be raised so R&D will test and support - which is absolute rubbish given the vulnerabilities/features that have been fixed addressed from Take 121 to 154

TAC advise that you upgrade to R80.20 (again - a rubbish response) 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The internal SK that discusses this hotfix says you should be able to get it for R80.10 JHF 154 as of a few days ago.

Please PM me the SR you opened with TAC on this.

0 Kudos
Shahar_Grober
Advisor

Do updatable objects supported also on later HF (I am running with JHF Take 189)?

0 Kudos
Phil_Haddy
Explorer

Hi Damon

The SR is 3-0633516431, but I think I may have to go back and edit my post (again). It may be the case that we requested the hotfix for Take 154 to enable the dynamic object feeds and that is why it was released a few days ago, but we are running an R80.10 VSX environment. So our issue is that it can be installed but it hasn’t been tested with VSX so there is no support.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Be careful when you use email to reply as it included your email signature with your full contact details. Smiley Happy

The SK seems to indicate different information, and I'll have to investigate further.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Just to clarify, there are two functions provided by this hotfix:

• Dynamic Objects for Office 365 in the Access Policy, which is provided natively in R80.20 (see: Microsoft Office 365 objects as Network Objects in R80.20).
  • Dynamic Objects for Office 365 in the HTTPS Inspection policy, which is NOT in R80.20 and requires a special hotfix to achieve in R80.10. We do plan to provide this in the product natively (post R80.20) thru allowing use of Updatable Objects in the HTTPS Inspection policy, but the timelines for this have not been finalized.

To further clarify, this particular hotfix is also a customer-release, meaning it was built and tested for a specific customer environment.

We do make these available to other customers through your local Check Point office only if they meet the same requirements.

0 Kudos
Ted_Serreyn
Collaborator

Is there any update on using these dynamic/updatable objects in https inspection?

Is it in R80.30?  R80.40 EA?

Hitting an issue with skype and response was to bypass all the Microsoft ip ranges, bit more than I was expecting.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

TAC advise that you upgrade to R80.20 (again - a rubbish response) 

To add to Dameon's point, in this case, TAC had a valid point!

In R80.20 there's a solution that is easier to use, reduces time maintaining it by end users, and in maintrain - therefore you will receive all future stability fixes unlike the special dynamic object release of R80.10. 

Even if you don't have plans to migrate to R80.20 right now, I recommend that you at least prepare and experiment with a lab environment or the Cloud Demo Mode.

See more benefits of R80.20 here: Check Point R80.20 Demo TechTalk and Q&A 

ADM_DB
Explorer

Thank you for clarification
can we use this as an object in "vpn domain" networks group in order to route all O365 traffic through the vpn tunnel ( split tunnel )?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Neither of these solutions provide this functionality.

That said, I believe you can leverage route-based VPNs for this.

David_Brodin
Contributor

Is there a reason our updatable object list does not include that specific list of o365 services/servers?

Afaik they are published on MS' page of domains/IP-addresses.

Running r80.20 mgmt with take 33 jumbo.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As the list comes from the cloud, everyone should see the same thing.

What do you see?

0 Kudos
David_Brodin
Contributor

I agree, I should be seeing the same list. We would like to use "Microsoft Teams Servers" from Tomers list for instance. Although a lot can change in 3months, since Teams exist in MS' feed I'm surprised it's not in CP's list (anymore):

updatable objects

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Depending on where I look, I get different results.

In Demo Mode, I see everything:

On my own R80.20 Management, I see the same list you do.

It's probably worth a TAC case.

Oscar_Figueruel
Participant

Hello, 

We are running R80.30 JHF111 on the MGMT and Gateway Site, and looking at the updatable objects, I am not able to see the same cloud services as you.

Could you please clarify what is happening and why we get random updatable objects?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

By all means let us know if you open the TAC case. I can safely say that the demo mode is not what I have in the lab or what I see when I login at R80.20 firewalls of customers.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
David_Brodin
Contributor

Thanks for feedback Dameon Welch-Abernathy‌ & Hugo van der Kooij‌.

I've created 6-0001542837, although late in the day so I didn't have a chance to add anything until the day was over.

David_Brodin
Contributor

@David_Brodin wrote:

Thanks for feedback Dameon Welch-Abernathy‌ & Hugo van der Kooij‌.

I've created 6-0001542837, although late in the day so I didn't have a chance to add anything until the day was over.

A bit late, just remembered this topic 🙂

I received an official statement from R&D:

Microsoft O365 has changed their feed and their object structure. This is why the objects in the picker were changed.
R80.20 Demo mode shows the old O365 packages and does not actually connect to the feed.
That is why we see a different state in the Demo. 

0 Kudos
DBC
Explorer

So is Dynamic Objects in R80.10 change its name in R80.20 to Updatable objects?

from what was published (and it's not that much) they have the same fundamental description just with different name.

is that correct?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The main difference between the objects are:

• Dynamic Objects are updated from the local gateway using the dynamic_objects CLI command
  • Updatable Objects are updated from the Check Point Cloud 

They are different object types.

0 Kudos
Kamiar_Sh
Contributor

do I need to have manually NAT policy from LAN to Office 365? 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events