cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dor_Marcovitch
Advisor

Is Show configuration output oreder is correct

hey

i am working on some automation for FW installation.

one step is connecting to the FW with SSH and run the clish command to set the configuration needed.

my template is based on "show configuration" of a working config.

what i noticed is that after i finished the conifiguration and also install policy all the vlan interface on my Bond are missing.

"show configuration" show everything is configured well

"ifconfig" shows only the bond interface and not bond1.20 interface for example.

the webUI show that those sub-interface at "Type:unknown"

after some try and test i moved the part of the clish template that set the physical interface state on and adding them to the relevant bond group before those sub interface created. this change fixed the issue now the webUI show those interface are "Type:Vlan" as expected.

i am running R77.30

have you found more issues like this with the command order that "show configuration" output ?

i think R&D did not check this scenario

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The output of show configuration is sorted in a particular way.

However, I do not believe it necessarily accounts for the order the commands would need to be applied on a system.

0 Kudos
Dor_Marcovitch
Advisor

I think it is expected from this command 

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Definitely agree - I always had to move things around from show config output when re-creating firewalls in the lab or doing upgrades. But then for me automation was never a target, so I don't have exact steps to follow. I just made sections manually out of the show config, i.e. "general stuff" (DNS, NTP, hostname etc) then "interfaces", then "SNMP", then "users" etc. Then it seemed to work OK.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events