Who rated this post

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RamGuy239
Advisor
Advisor

As someone who is dealing with some rather extensive and complex Check Point management installations with various degrees of performance issues. Do anyone have some layman terms for how big of an improvement this is going to bring? For management installations most of them are running on VMware ESXi and I would normally do an advanced upgrade moving to a new host whenever we move between versions. This would result in this alignment fixing itself automatically. But as this is seemingly affect all installations types, even appliances it would be great to have some kind of idea how much this might impact things.

I suppose it's most relevant for management installations as those are way more disk intensive compared to gateway installations. But gateways are also affected so they get tossed into the mix as well for both open servers, virtual installations and appliances.

As there is no way to get the disk reformatted without having to opt for a proper clean-install from USB/ISO this makes things somewhat messy. Especially for customers running on open server or appliance without LOM. We have already tried to push for clean-installations recently because it was the only way to get the new XFS file system applied. Having to push for another round of clean-installations is not ideal but if the benefits are of a great enough value it has to be considered.

How does this affect the images available within sk158292? I suppose those images are based off of fresh installations, making the R81.20 images having the alignment corrected?

Certifications: CCSA, CCSE, CCSM, CCSM ELITE, CCTA, CCTE, CCVS, CCME
(1)
Who rated this post