Who rated this post

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User1234
Contributor

I don't exactly know what you mean by wipe and rebuild, but let me try to summarise my CP ansible experience.

CP offers two ansible plugins: mgmt and gaia.

The mgmt plugin is simply said for managing the rulebase on the Checkpoint Management Server. The modules there are fine for doing "daily tasks" like adding/modifying/deleting objects (hosts, groups, networks, etc.) and rules but does not support any modification of general settings.
The gaia plugin does only supports changing hostnames, dns server and physical interfaces at the gaia system. There is not even a documentation for this on ansible (so the only docs is the code on github).

So I would recommend the mgmt plugin only for regular tasks, and the gaia plugin not at all at the moment. This really means at the moment. There are updates getting regularly published, so there is really a progress going on, but there is still a lot to do to really support managing the mgmt and gws with ansible.

If you don't want to wait, there is also the API documentation, so you could build modules yourself. The CP ansible modules only address the APIs, so if a new API appears, chances are, that they will appear as an ansible module as well.

(1)
Who rated this post