cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

How to manually delete an entry from the Connections Table

Not that you really need to use this often but it has saved my day once or twice a year. Great SK103876 is available but in a stressful situation calculating HEX numbers is the last thing you want to do and then compiling a complex command out of it is even more challenging 

This one-liner actually gives you an opportunity to generate all fw tab kill commands in one file for a pair of given IP addresses. Tested on R80.10 GW but I'm fairly confident it would work in R77. 

IPA="x.x.x.x"; IPB="y.y.y.y"; IPAHEX=`printf '%02x' ${IPA//./ }`; IPBHEX=`printf '%02x' ${IPB//./ }`; grep "$IPAHEX" table | grep "$IPBHEX" | grep "^<0000000" | awk  '{print $1" "$2" "$3" "$4" "$5" "$6}'|sed 's/ //g'|sed 's/</fw tab -t connections -x -e /g'|sed 's/>//g'|sed 's/;//g' > listofall

You will need to dump all your current connections into a file called table first of course. You may add this to front of the above to make it true one-liner.. But I found it easier to do this in two steps as you have more control

fw tab -t connections -u > table

And result is in file called listofall. Then you just execute those commands by copy-paste for example or chmod the file itself and run it.

Here's an example 

manually clear connections

And of course, you can add port numbers if needed

(1)
Who rated this post