Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adventurer
Explorer

Check Point certification expiry question

I haven't been keeping up to date with Check Point certification matters ever since I got CCSA R65 many years ago.

What I remember from back then is Check Point certification doesn't expire, but of course as the versions go up I'll remain certified for a older version.

So now fast forward to 2019, I look this up again and found that this document says 2 years expiry.

https://www.checkpoint.com/downloads/training/check-point-certification-faq.pdf

Was the expiry policy changed ?

Did I miss a memo ?

Regards.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

The policy has changed. You missed the memo.

You are referencing to Ken Finley's old definition: "Certifications are version specific. THEY DO NOT EXPIRE."
He said before he was let go by Check Point that this has been revised and certifications now expire after two years.

Current situation is that certifications cannot be retaken on Pearson VUE once you passed them (except the CCSE R80 Update exam). So if you passed CCSA R80 and there is no new CCSA R8x being released within two years your CCSA R80 will expire. There are some options to work around it (attend CPX > Cyber Range event to extend it by 6 months; pass the CCSE R80 exam etc.) but if these are not applicable to you, you'll need to talk to @Jason_Tugwell, Check Points new certification manager.

Check the new Check Point Certification Pyramid and get certified again!

0 Kudos
adventurer
Explorer

Looking thru the links this change probably happened sometime in 2016.

Scanning my 2016 emails certainly I didn't get such a memo.

Anyway too late now, long gone. Will have to drop this, don't have the time to redo CCSA

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events