cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Check Point Jump Start - Free video training!

Check Point Education provides a free -Jump Start- video training for beginners on Udemy (previously on Cybrary).

image.png
image.png

Accompanying (un-proctored) exam on Pearson VUE: 156-411

Info: You need to allow Vimeo in your Application Control policy in order to be able to access the video training.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Joshua
Contributor

Hello again Everyone!

The Certificate is now completely free and does not need Cybytes anymore to be claimed. 

This is so great! Many thanks to the Check Point Employees!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
jannag
Participant

Free? I just completed the Jump Start course and tried to claim my certificate.

Jump Start - Claim Certificate.png

It says I need to buy Cybytes first!

Jump Start - Missing Cybytes.png

I completed all course modules with 100%.

Jump Start - Completed.png

@Jason_Tugwell 

Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Jannag,

We will look into the completion certificate.

However, the course exam is on Pearson Vue as Danny stated above.  Be among the first to take it!

Thanks

Tug

Joshua
Contributor

Hello Jannag,

Technically the training is free, as you don't have to pay for watching the Jump Start courses. 

Also, the certificate is also "free", as you can get free Cybytes by doing several things:

And it seems easy enough.And it seems easy enough.

Unfortunately none of these ways work as they should.

1. Show Yourself

-> Doesn't give you any Cybytes even if you fill in all fields.

2. Invite and Share

-> I invited my private E-Mail to join and created a new free account. So far I haven't gotten any Cybytes for this. Maybe you have to create a free trial account, upgrade your account, or wait for more than 1 week. I might update when my Cybytes arrive.

3. Participate

-> This one is really funny. It says you get 2 Cybytes for logging in - I logged in every day and only got 1 Cybyte per day - and the participation in the forum is literally impossible.

Whenever you go into the forum you're automatically logged out. When you then click "Login" in the top right corner it brings you back to the front page, not the forum. This loops infinitely, so you're never able to be logged in when visiting the forum page.

The most recent posts in the forum are 1 year and 3 months old, so this doesn't seem to be a new problem.

4. Follow Members

-> Exactly the same problem as above. In order to follow members you have to go to the forum, which you can't do.

I'm sure the people at Cybrary who are responsible for the web page know about this, but in case they don't I hope they fix this ASAP. Cybrary in itself isn't a bad concept and the courses (though I only watched Jump Start) seem to be very informative with a wide spectrum of courses and instructors. Especially for training sites like this a working forum is extremely important, as you can discuss courses and are able to ask the community in case you had problems understanding certain topics.

Joshua
Contributor

Hello again Everyone!

The Certificate is now completely free and does not need Cybytes anymore to be claimed. 

This is so great! Many thanks to the Check Point Employees!

Marcos_Vieira
Contributor

What certificate is free? I have just taken a look in Pearson VUE and found the following there:

We are happy to announce the release of the Check Point Jump Start exam.

156-411 - Check Point Jump Start

Check Point has collaborated with Cybrary.IT to provide a free online Check Point Jump Start program as an introduction to the Check Point Network Security Solution. After viewing the free online course, come take the online un-proctored exam. The exam is 25 questions and cost $49.

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

The Cybrary and Udemy certificates are free, the unproctored Pearson VUE exam is not.

0 Kudos
Stelios
Contributor
Can I get certificate from Udemy?
0 Kudos
Marcos_Vieira
Contributor

Hi Danny,

The course is excelent. But I would like to suggest some corrections to the subtitles. Who should I contact to send this information? 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee
Marcos email me and I will forward to the content creator team.
tug@checkpoint.com
Thanks
Jason
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events