Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tip of the Week - Skyline Deployment

This widget could not be displayed.
23 Comments
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

I already deployed the Skyline and integrated few firewalls very well now setting up alerts but wondering do I need to learn promQL to configure the alerts?

_Val_
Admin
Admin

@Arik_Ovtracht can you please advise on the question from @Blason_R ?

Blason_R
Leader
Leader

@Arik_Ovtracht

Yep - That would be greatly appreciated if few more basic alerts can be configured as a template. Since I am not a pro in promql and I need to learn that would want to start with basic alerts quickly like -

• High CPU Usage
  • High memory
  • Cluster state changed
  • Policy installed
Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

Hi @Blason_R ,

we will soon publish a guide on how to create alerts (with a couple of examples) in the Skyline SK (sk178566).

Blason_R
Leader
Leader

That's Great!! Thanks for the info

Machhindra
Explorer

Not working with Maestro Security group

Please share guide for Maestro

_Val_
Admin
Admin

@Machhindra did you look into the SK mentioned above, specifically, did you see this instruction?

• In a Maestro environment:
    • For the Maestro Hyperscale Orchestrator (MHO): You can run the script or run the Gaia Rest API. The script runs on the MHO and configures only the MHO.
    • For a Security Group: Run the script only on the Single Management Object (SMO). The SMO applies it to all the Security Group Members.
    • If there are issues with the script, try to download it from here and replace the current /opt/CPotelcol/REST.py file. 
    • The script uses gexec and g_cp2blades commands. Make sure they work correctly.
Machhindra
Explorer

If there are issues with the script, try to download it from here 

unable to download file, its opening in browser

Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Its simple copy it and paste it as a REST.py in file

Machhindra
Explorer

downloade file start with
#!/bin/bash

Old REST.py file start with
#!/usr/bin/env python

we need to change anything

Machhindra
Explorer

Maestro Gateway API version  is 1.5

Machhindra
Explorer

Please share the steps for Maestro setup

_Val_
Admin
Admin

@Machhindra why are you asking the same question twice, after it was answered? What is the issue you experiencing?

Machhindra
Explorer

# /opt/CPotelcol/REST.py --set_open_telemetry "payload-no-tls.json"

when we run the above command on gateway
we get below error

-bash: /opt/CPotelcol/REST.py: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

Hi @Machhindra ,

It looks like you have some unwanted characters in your REST.py file, probably due to downloading it on Windows and sending it to Linux.

Try to run dos2unix on the file REST.py before executing it:

>dos2unix REST.py

Machhindra
Explorer

After run dos2unix REST.py  below command run successfully.

# /opt/CPotelcol/REST.py --set_open_telemetry "payload-no-tls.json"

But in Grafana dashboard we cant see any data

Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

@Machhindra there could be several reasons why Grafana does not show data, most likely due to some incorrect configuration on the Prometheus or Grafana servers.

If you are having trouble with it, you are welcome to contact me directly at ariko@checkpoint.com and we can arrange a session to help you.

Machhindra
Explorer

issue resolved.

Thanks for support

lgodlews
Explorer

Hi all,

maybe a stupid question. Will Skyline  work with virtual appliances (hosted on VM)?

Tried to test that but I wasn't able to get any data. (I have follow provide instruction).

Thanks in advance.

Lukasz

Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

Hi everyone,

I am happy to share that Skyline now supports AWS Managed Prometheus as a data target, in addition to a regular Prometheus server!

Check sk178566 to learn how to configure it to transmit the data to your AWS Managed Prometheus server.

Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

Hi everyone, 

Our plan is to add Skyline integration with other 3rd-party monitoring tools besides Prometheus, and for that purpose we are conducting a survey - which targets would you like to see Skyline supporting next?

Your answers to this survey will affect our plans, so this is your opportunity to influence it!

Please take the survey here: 

https://forms.office.com/r/rQSPNUB5f6

anstelios
Collaborator

PRTG !!!

Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

@anstelios please put it in the survey.