cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil_Davey
Participant
Jump to solution

R80.10 IPS By Protocol

When using R77.30 I use to have an IPS Profile that only protected the following IPS settings:

Protections, By Protocol, Application Intelligence, Peer to Peer & Malware Traffic Categories.

On a regular basis I would check both of these categories and if any new protections were downloaded, then I would manually enable these protections.

On R80.10, it looks at though this search topology has been removed so I am wondering how I would create a new IPS Profile but only enable these same categories?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In the Threat Prevention profile, you can define specific categories of protections to activate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor
0 Kudos
Neil_Davey
Participant

Thanks for the link Tomer Sole.

I have tried to create an IPS Profile but get a load of protections enabled that I do not want.

Have you any steps on how to prevent only the specific protections that I used to use under R77.30?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In the Threat Prevention profile, you can define specific categories of protections to activate.

Neil_Davey
Participant

Would you know what tag links to each one from R77.30 then as I can't find the eaact one that only enables the ones I want?

Peer to Peer Tag = ?

Malware Traffic Tag = ?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

These tags still exist if you're managing pre-R80 gateways.

I don't believe they were propagated forward to R80 because they can be handled by:

• P2P: Application Control (there's a P2P tag there)
  • Malware: Anti-Bot and/or Anti-Virus.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events