cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jan_Kleinhans
Advisor

Mail when User reported wrong category

Hello,

does anybody know how to generate a mail, when a user clicks on "Report wrong category" which is send to Checkpoint.

Regards,

Jan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Could you please elaborate?

0 Kudos
Jan_Kleinhans
Advisor

When a user opens a webpage and they get a Usercheck Page where they can send a report to Checkpoint. 

In the Usercheck Page the code is:

<P><SPAN class="smartControl UserCheck_Wrong_Category" contentEditable=false UNSELECTABLE="on"><SPAN class=smartControl contentEditable=true UNSELECTABLE="off">Click </SPAN><SPAN id=UserCheck_Wrong_Category class="smartControl usercheck_url_class" contentEditable=true UNSELECTABLE="off">here</SPAN><SPAN class=smartControl contentEditable=true UNSELECTABLE="off"> to report an incorrect classification.</SPAN></SPAN></P>

When they click on this link a request for approval should have been send to Checkpoint.
But we as the administrators don't get any information apart from a log entry.
How do we send the Log entry where the field "User Response" is filled with "User reported wrong category" to us.

I included a screenshot of such an entry.

Regards,

Jan

0 Kudos
abihsot__
Advisor

It does not go to checkpoint. You can go to the logs and search for "wrong category", or make periodic report what users are reporting.

You can then either create custom app and apply the policy, or submit to checkpoint and wait.

https://urlcat.checkpoint.com/

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

It certainly used to and I'm not aware that it changed, refer sk82480

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
abihsot__
Advisor

Very interesting... I was not aware of that, however judging by the applicable versions it seems it was long time ago...

Version R75.40 (EOL), R77 (EOL), R80.10 (EOL)

I can only guess why this was removed, because if you configure a bit strict policy on your APP/URLF, users would click on the link to express their frustration very often 🙂 I could imagine how many requests Checkpoint got, hence they moved to manual re-categorisation form.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events