Failed to update ips database

Has anyone run into the same problem?

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Salom_Idhogela
Collaborator

I was experiencing exactly the same issue and I have managed to resolve it. There are two ways to achieve this by either increasing the root partition or delete the old files from the /opt. I opted with deleting old files:

Check in " /opt/CPrt-R81.10/smartview/exported_files/" by cd /opt/CPrt-R81.10/smartview/exported_files/

Then du -csh /opt/CPrt-R81.10/smartview/exported_files/* - To see which directory is consuming alot of space and then delete the pdf and csv files.

After the IPS will start updating successful.

View solution in original post

23 Replies
S_E_
Advisor

hi,

No.

Usual approach might be to press 'Details' to see further information.

And check if you can reach checkpoint support page.

Regards

0 Kudos
freeman91
Participant

There. I would post it at first place, but it gave me nothing new.

Screenshot_2.png

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Make sure that you can reach updates.checkpoint.com and cws.checkpoint.com from the server itself.

0 Kudos
(1)
freeman91
Participant

Yes, I can reach both of them. 

0 Kudos
freeman91
Participant

Files can be downloaded, but can not be installed. 😕

Screenshot_5.pngScreenshot_4.png

0 Kudos
Marcel_Gramalla
Advisor

We have the same issue since yesterday but not all updates fail just a few of them. Country is Germany if that matters.

0 Kudos
freeman91
Participant

I am from Serbia, and this is happening for the last 6-7 days. Only for IPS blade. It can download updates, but it have problem to install it.

0 Kudos
patelrj687
Participant

Hello world! So I recently had same issue and still have an active ticket with support. After working with a few different TACs the current one Shawn has discovered that this is possibly related to low memory on the management server. Our current set up is R80.30 with Hotfix 236. Root directory has 100G allocated to it and out of which there is only 7.2G available. Something is consuming a lot of memory, still in the process of troubleshooting will post results. Just wanted to share this incase some of you are in a similar situation. Cheers!

0 Kudos
Ran_Kopelman
Employee
Employee

Hi @freeman91, @patelrj687  and @Marcel_Gramalla . 

My name is Ran and I’m a manager in checkpoint RnD, responsible for the quality of the Management product.

Can you please share the SR-id with me.  If you didn't open one yet please do so and I will do my best to expedite the resolution of this issue. 

0 Kudos
patelrj687
Participant

Hey Ran et all, Sure enough my issue was related to diskspace on the root partition. Bring that to at least 15Gigs available. That fixed my IPS updates.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

@Ran_Kopelman , there are few issues with IPS updates and space avialability:

1. Installation failures, as described in this thread

2. migrate server functionality being affected

In both cases, no sufficient information available in logs or reports to make accurate determination of the root cause.

If possible, please include relevant diagnostics data for these cases with links to SKs with possible resolution steps.

Thank you,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
BeaconBits
Contributor

Same issue since last 3 days when I checked.

I can reach all the URLs mentioned in sk107580 from the client server where Smart Dashboard installed.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

It may have something to do with root partition space (not really sure), but if your mgmt can reach all the sites in the sk mentioned, cant really find logical reason why this would fail. I tested in my R81.10 jumbo 61 lab, works fine.

0 Kudos
andersplarsson
Contributor

Hi @freeman91 , Did you ever get a solution for this issue? I´m facing the same thing but have no issues with either mem or discspace.

Regards,

Anders

0 Kudos
Salom_Idhogela
Collaborator

I was experiencing exactly the same issue and I have managed to resolve it. There are two ways to achieve this by either increasing the root partition or delete the old files from the /opt. I opted with deleting old files:

Check in " /opt/CPrt-R81.10/smartview/exported_files/" by cd /opt/CPrt-R81.10/smartview/exported_files/

Then du -csh /opt/CPrt-R81.10/smartview/exported_files/* - To see which directory is consuming alot of space and then delete the pdf and csv files.

After the IPS will start updating successful.

Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

whast if this error persist time to time on R81.20 as well? and no solution provided works as there are no folders related to R81.10 but instead R81.20 and the only avail. path is: du -csh /opt/CPrt-R81.20/smartview/* ---- plus there is nothing like :"exported_files" folder anywhere?

wonder when we could finally say that IPS Load/Install failures are gong 4ever ... 

Jerry
0 Kudos
Salom_Idhogela
Collaborator

I am not yet sure on R81.20 but the issue seems to be the space on the root partition.

Regads,

Salom

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

Update failed. Failed to load database. Have a look closer on details from enclosed screenshoot please:

Jerry
0 Kudos
victorkhun
Explorer

I am facing the same issue as you. Have you found the solution yet?

0 Kudos
Salom_Idhogela
Collaborator

It was a space issue, can you please confirm if you have enough space in root directory,

issue "df -h" in the expert mode

Regards,

Salom

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Interesting you say that, because when I think about this issue in my lab few times lately, I can totally see your point about the space. I saw in my standalone lab, there is about 5 GB left in / dir, so when I see ips database failed and red X sign in smart console, as soon as its rebooted, goes away, but then may show up again few days later.

Anyway, not a big deal, as its just a lab, but 100% logical explanation.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

1. sk165562 does not help

# ps aux | grep load_sigs

"kill -9" of its process is nearly impossible as the PID is changing every 3 seconds or even quicker LOL

3. cpstat antimalware -f update_status shows:

AB Update status: up-to-date
AB Update description: Gateway is up to date. Database version: 2308151049. Package date: Tue Aug 15 10:00:00 2023
AB Next update description: The next update will be run as scheduled.
AB DB version: 2308151049
AV Update status: up-to-date
AV Update description: Gateway is up to date. Database version: 2308280433. Package date: Sun Aug 27 10:00:00 2023
AV Next update description: The next update will be run as scheduled.
AV DB version: 2308280433

*** any idea folks?***

Jerry
0 Kudos
Abeja_huhuhu
Contributor

this also happened to us and what we notice is whenever the gateway memory is high, we will hit this issue. the solution from sk165562 does not work for us. plus, during this time user traffic will be drop. currently we are using R81.20 with HFA take 26

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events