cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivanfsei123
Participant

Antivirus & Antibot Blades Causing slow connection

Hi All,

We are having slow connection on internal web applications when antivirus and antibot balde is enabled. 

We already upgraded to R81.10 T110 but it didn't improve the performance when the threth prevention blades are enabled.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
G_W_Albrecht
Legend
Legend

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Have you attempted to configure any TP exceptions to mitigate?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
the_rock
Legend
Legend

What @Chris_Atkinson said also came first to my mind when I read your issue. Its definitely something that could help.

Andy

Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

Anti-Virus is the second most likely Threat Prevention blade to cause performance and/or high CPU utilization issues after IPS.  Anti-Bot is relatively low overhead and is probably not causing your issue.

Generally, you don't want traffic travelling between high-speed internal networks to be scanned with Anti-Virus unless you have a quite beefy firewall.  There are two primary ways to ensure this does not happen, by creating a blade-based (not protection-based) exception or by adjusting the profile-based properties for the Anti-Virus blade which has many performance-impacting settings you should check.  Here are the relevant pages from my Gateway Performance Optimization Course covering these topics which you should find helpful, the blade-based exception example shown is for IPS but will work for Anti-Virus too:

excp_blade1.pngexcp_blade2.pngexcp_blade3.pngavperf1.pngavperf2.pngavperf3.pngavperf4.png

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events