Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Week in CheckMates 3 September 2018

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
6 0 577

Welcome to "This Week in CheckMates," your weekly highlight reel for all things CheckMates!

Past and future posts will be available here: About CheckMates

To have these updates show up in your preferred RSS reader add the following URL: About CheckMates RSS Feed 

See also our social media accounts and our podcast (RSS Feed😞

CheckMates in Your Language!

While most of the content on CheckMates is in English, we now have a few groups where both content and discussions are available in other languages! 

Let us know if you want to have it in your native language as well.

CheckMates in Norway

While I had a week off the road for a change, Valeri Loukine‌ and Lillie Miller‌ were in Norway for their local CPX!

Next week, Niran Turgeman‌ and I will be at the CPX in Orange County, CA!

Community Highlights

Here are the top threads of the past week or so:

Getting Started on Check Point CheckMates - How To & FAQ 

Valeri Loukine‌ and I (but mostly Valeri) updated our "Getting Started" page, which should be helpful for people who are new to CheckMates. 

A Primer on Anti-Spoofing 

I dusted off an old FAQ I wrote on Anti-Spoofing a couple decades ago and updated for current releases. And, of course, it prompted some questions Smiley Happy

Threat Prevention policies after R77.30 to R80.10 migration. Is it correct? 

An oldie but goodie that comes up from time to time about the IPS Policy Layer when you're managing R77.x gateways from R80.x.

One Time Scripts on Gaia Embedded 

Can't be done via SmartConsole, but can be done on the CLI via cprid. 

Changing the Standalone Remote Access Client flavor 

Apparently one does not need to reinstall the Remote Access client to change the "flavor" Smiley Happy

How to add a 30 day evaluation license to a SMB appliance 

More or less the same process for regular appliances as well. 

Check Point Active-Response Add-on for Splunk 

Our integration with Splunk has improved!

Tufin integration with Check Point R80.docx 

Speaking of partner integrations, here's how you integrate Check Point R80.x with Tufin!

https://community.checkpoint.com/thread/6533-ips-core-protection-i-need-help-to-understand?sr=inbox&... 

Another oldie but goodie: why did we move some of what were previously IPS protections to Inspection Settings.

Upcoming Events

Tags (1)