Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

Kyle_Reynolds
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus
10 66 29K

Welcome to the CheckMates Community! The purpose of this thread is to introduce yourself to the community. I'll start it off - I'm Kyle. I joined Check Point in August '15 and currently reside in San Carlos, CA. I'm the Community Manager here, so should you need any help or just want to share a suggestion, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Tags (3)
66 Comments
Bart_van_Moorse
Explorer

Hello all! My name is Bart and I work for Tech Data AS, VAD for Check Point. I work 20+ years in IT security and somewhat 15 years ago I installed my first Check Point Firewall-1. My profession is to consult on security solutions and like to work with the best - off course Check Point's products is on my list.

Nice to be working with you. Let's rock on this community!

Bart

Rohan_Patil
Explorer

Hi Folks, My name is Rohan. I have been consulting and working along side with Checkpoint & its Partners for about 15+ years. I work on latest cutting edge technologies and support customers with right solutions for protecting their assets from Cyber attacks & risks that prevail. Have been researching quite lot and have developed new tools, tricks and better approaches to handle cyber security risks and protecting customers Data/Asset/IPR etc.

Great to be part of this community and looking forward to contribute and learn while exploring.

Rgds,

Rohan

jainam_dhulla
Explorer

Hi..My name is Jainam Dhulla working as network security engineer with 4 years of experience. I worked 1st time on checkpoint year ago & found it interesting. Right now I am not working on CP at workplace but still I have not stop learning it. I m new to CP & upgrading myself through online r80 training by Jim oqvist, lab setup & tech talks .. Looking to learn & make carrier into cyber security.

Hope getting more learnings & guidance from this group. It's great group to update yourself to new technologies.

Luis_S
Explorer

Hi, my name is Luis, I am from Portugal and I work with Check Point Products since 2003.

I started of with basic policy administration, but have gained more experience in installing or upgrading products.

Most experience with R77.x and R80.x Security Management and Gateways, VSX and VSec.

I have been working at a Check Point Partner for some years now.

I hope to get some insight about certain features or specific issues when installing or upgrading latest Check Point products.

Hope I can be helpful also to other members of this community.

Cheers.

Dan_Riddleberge
Participant

Greetings. My name is Dan Riddleberger and I'm based in Jacksonville FL. I have been working with Check Point products for over 15 years. I started with V3.x on Solaris and moved onto NG on IPSO,  NG and NGAi on SPlat and now working primarily in the GAIA arena.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I supported a lot of customers on 2.x and 3.x on Solaris and SunOS back in the day. Smiley Happy

Prashan_Attanay
Collaborator

Hi Mates,

Let me introduce myself. I'm Prashan from Sri Lanka, I'm new to checkpoint, thanks to this group I learnt a lot. Thank you.

XBensemhoun
Employee
Employee

Hi dear community,

I'm Xavier Bensemhoun, I'm french and live at Montréal (Québec, Canada ) with my family.

I've started to use Check Point as administrator since 2003, in charge of light troubleshoot since 2007, and full troubleshoot, upgrade, capacity planning ... since 2010.

More details in https://www.linkedin.com/in/xavierbensemhoun/ 

G_W_Albrecht
Legend
Legend

My name is Günther Albrecht, i am born and living in Vienna, Austria. I have been working in CP Support for Austrian CCSP Arrow ECS since 2009.

I am also performer and composer, and here you could listen to music from my current project "Eschata". You can find the first official release from Eschata on iTunes / iMusic, Amazon / Unlimited and streamed at Deezer and Spotify.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Nice Smiley Happy

Daniel_Walsh
Explorer

My name is Dan Walsh, I have been working with Checkpoint products since 2003, starting with version NG FP3 on IP440 appliance. I am now considered the CheckPoint SME in company, but have lots to learn on upgrading Mutli-domain appliance from R77.10 to R80. I have always lead the upgrades on past single domain servers, but have turned over the reigns to pro services once we went provder-1 in 2013. Trying to get back in the saddlw for this next push forward to R80.

fyi. I still use the iclid command!

Cedric_Guilloti
Explorer

Hello, my name is Cedric, I'm from France. I have been installing and supporting Check Point software since 2000 (still have an old CD of version 3.0b on my desk).
I enjoyed usefull ressources like fw1-gurus and cpug; I'm really amazed by the work done on Check Mates and the quality of the posts.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Post pictures of the old CD Smiley Happy

Cedric_Guilloti
Explorer

Like this? Smiley Happy

FW1 CDFW1 CD

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Exactly like that.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Cedric Guillotin‌ This is a great collection!!!